Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for HP Pro Tablet 10 EE G1 (M88 / Quanta W0A) dump

Hi,
    I'm looking for dump for HP Pro Tablet 10 Education Edition G1.
    Also known as M88 (by BIOS ID) or Quanta W0A / DA0W0AMB6F0

Crazy idea is as follows: I own HP Pro Slate 10 EE, which is (almost) the same platform but with Android. Since Android 5 is quite old now, I'd like to (hopefully) convert that to Windows machine.

There were separate motherboards for Windows and Android variants, but they both are visually similar, with same DA0W0AMB6F0 W0A silk screened on it.
    Only known differences for me are memory/eMMC variants available for those configurations, and details like GPS module added (on separate board) to Slate. Mine is 2/32GB so I should be OK.

Another difference is eeprom size - 2M for Android version (25Q16DWIG), 8M for Windows one.
    So far I tried extracting 8M image from official BIOS update package and putting it into 8M eeprom taken from dead Dell E7440 board, but obviously without luck. Device won't even charge.

Android firmware is also running UEFI, but obviously locked out. One time with some random key combination I was able to drop to UEFI shell there (but without actual prompt).

For future use I attached Slate variant dump. It may be helpful for somebody. Or maybe some magician here is able to analyze 2M dump and 8M bin from update and do something out of both?
    Attached Files

Re: Looking for HP Pro Tablet 10 EE G1 (M88 / Quanta W0A) dump

So far: I used wrong eeprom, it was 3v3 instead of 1v8 required by this board.
    I found compatible 25q64 eeprom - flashed with Tablet 8M - nothing, 2M Slate - boots.

I also was able to locate full schematics - swapped board ID pins and even removed USB MUX (those seems to be the only differences in those boards) - unfortunately still no luck.

Even with wrong Board ID, and without USB mux (but USB host won't work without it) just boots no problem. As for now I soldered mux back, and still look for Tablet dump.

Comment

Working...
    X