Clear All

Re: Troubleshooting a Asus X541UVK

3R3 310 E43-This will work.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      3R3 310 E43-This will work.
      Thanks, will give it a shot.

Can you share how to decode the number? I tried to ask Google, but couldn't find anything that explains it.

Comment

Replaced coil PL8701.

IC PU8701 is still getting super hot.

Not sure if the below helps as it's a little bit hard catching up with your knowledge, but just in case:

Capacitor C3003 is getting fluctuating voltage (0V - 1.1V) and outputting 0V. +3VA EC (pin 26) on the SIO is doing the same, fluctuating between 0V - 1.1V. Everywhere connected to it seems to be going like this.

I'm trying to be pro-active here and trying to trace the 3V rail. +3VAO on the DC Step Down controller is 1.1V stable. Now because I've measured these before and there was 3V present here, I am not sure if it got damaged since then or if it's something else. But there is clearly no 3V or 5V present in any of the pins here. VIN (pin 12) is however getting 19V.

EDIT: In the meantime I think I've killed PC6001 Got a spark while I was testing with the multimeter, why does that happen? As a capacitor it should have continuity from one end to the other right? just want to make sure it's blown.

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
        replace PU8701
        Last edited by DanFen; 10-26-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X