LG 55LB5900 backlight flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55LB5900 backlight flashing

I picked up this TV for free as it was going to be thrown away and I figured I may be able to bring it back to life. My initial thought is faulty LED backlights but want to get some input before I buy parts. I have replaced LED backlights in numerous LG tvs. The TV powers on like normal the backlight flashes and then it goes black, with a flashlight you can still see the picture and the backlight will intermittently flash. I have not torn this TV apart yet just got it tonight and wanted some input before I started tearing it apart and ordering parts but my gut tells me order LED strips and I should be good from there. Thanks in advance

Re: LG 55LB5900 backlight flashing

seems like backlights, backlight testers are pretty handy, around 20 bucks on ebay or amazon.

Comment

I've had a number of these LG LB models that flash. Generally I try to replace the LEDs that are open or short or with the highest forward voltage. However, if it's more than four or five LEDs to replace, then I order the strips.

It's also a crap shoot getting the LED diffusers back in the right spot. Most of the time I win, but sometimes I lose!

Comment

Both LB and LF series flash with backlight issues. https://techhometravel.com/lg-ln-ser...ed-backlights/

Comment

use a little painters tape on those diffusers when you take them out, to keep them in order, maybe take pictures to remember how they fit back in.

Comment

Working...
          X