JVC CA-NXPS1 compact component system AC/DC charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JVC CA-NXPS1 compact component system AC/DC charger

I am missing the power supply for my CA-NXPS1audio system. It calls for DC-23V 2.5 Amps. I have a ReTrak Universal Adaptor that supply DC 19V 3.42A. I have use this adaptor on my system for about 20-30min and it seems to run fine?
    My question is; what kind of damage am I likely to cause to my NX-PS1 using this power supply over an extended period of time.

Re: JVC compact component system AC/DC charger

No takers on this question? If I posted it in the wrong section I apologize? If its a stupid question again I apologize? But for those dealing with the same issue on power supplies here is a great article that explains it quite well https://www.groovypost.com/howto/cho...-phone-laptop/
    Last edited by davg; 10-03-2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

without a schematic it's hard to know what voltage range you can get away with,
      but i suspect your fine.
      you wont damage anything - if thats what your wondering.

Comment

Thanks for your reply stj. That is what I was wondering

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          without a schematic it's hard to know what voltage range you can get away with,
          but i suspect your fine.
          you wont damage anything - if thats what your wondering.
          heres the service manual
          Attached Files
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: JVC CA-NXPS1 compact component system AC/DC charger

it will run down to about 14v, but as you go down your going to effect the maximum output level.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              it will run down to about 14v, but as you go down your going to effect the maximum output level.
              In the TAS5122 datasheet (for U807) pin 30 GVDD has a 16V minimum voltage .Am i missing something,how do you get it to 14V ?

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...12eea86a3b.pdf
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

your missing the "fact" that the texas website says that chip runs from 0 to 30v
                useless fucks!
                i based the 14v on the input diode drop followed by a 7812 regulator.

Comment

I would agree with SMDFlea: there is MTZJ20B, a 20v Zener (D802) that drops the incoming voltage to 20v for GVDD.
                  So you probably don't want to go much lower than 20v as that seems to have been the intent from the schematic.
                  But your current supply will probably be just fine for it, I didn't spend many seconds on the schematic though so take that for what it's worth
                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. Very much appreciated Tks SMDFlea for the service manual. I do have a better understanding of the issue and I am satisficed that I can use the 19V 3.42A adaptor without causing major if any problems to my system.
                    ps;
                    In the same move I also lost the Remote Control for that unit?? The unit is still functional but programing it is rather difficult/impossible. Any suggestions on a replacement.

Comment

look on ali-express.
                      try to search for the original remote number - it should be in that service manual i think.

Comment

Wow that do work I found it on Ali Express and it is on order Tka stj

Comment

Working...
                        X