Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 - CUH-ZCT2E Wireless (X , O , Δ )

Hello.

Strange problem , i have tried cleaning it, resseting it , everything that passed in my mind, even cleaned an checked with diode mode if there is a trail broken or etc. from a conductive pcb board (ribbon) the green stuff.

All buttons work except the = X , O , Δ.

But!

If you press the "PS button" and keep holding , and then press together the X , O , Δ . The buttons work.

What the hell ?

Re: PS4 - CUH-ZCT2E Wireless (X , O , Δ )

Any , suggestions ?

Comment

Non working buttons is usually damage to the flex or a dirty/damaged foam under the contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        Non working buttons is usually damage to the flex or a dirty/damaged foam under the contacts.
        As i said, i cleaned it. There is no damage, and by diode i have measuered the entire "ribbon cable" (green stuff).
        But as i said when you press the PS button , from the controller + (plus) the non -working buttons, they work.
        As soon as you release the PS button ,they stop working.

Comment

I have no knowledge of your level of cleaning or inspection, I was merely offering a suggestion as you asked. I have fixed approximately 4000 to date. Yours is an oldish controller, the foam under the contacts gets compressed and the contacts don't then make contact.

Alternative is liquid damage around the ic but you say you've cleaned and inspected.

Comment

I have no knowledge of your level of cleaning or inspection, I was merely offering a suggestion as you asked. I have fixed approximately 4000 to date. Yours is an oldish controller, the foam under the contacts gets compressed and the contacts don't then make contact.

Alternative is liquid damage around the ic but you say you've cleaned and inspected.
            Yes , sorry if it was sounded like an attack.

I am just saying, inside the controller was immaculate condition ,not even dust. But the strange thing is that the buttons that i explained work ONLY if you press the "center PS logo button" between the joysticks.
            If you don't keep it pressed then they don't work (on online tests). Butwhen you release the button , they stop working.

how the hell can something like this happen

Comment

The PS button shares tracks with some of the shape buttons depending on version, the tracks have a measurable resistance. Try a new flex and check the foam isn't too compressed.

Comment

The PS button shares tracks with some of the shape buttons depending on version, the tracks have a measurable resistance. Try a new flex and check the foam isn't too compressed.
                Just ordered a new Flex from China! Just to be sure (took in a lot of x10) just in case , maybe re-sell some online in eBay due to Europe etc.

So crossing fingers if this is the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X