Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp 470 g2 - la-b181p

Hello!

Today i got a laptop that prior work has been done it the BIOS chip was removed, and 1 capacitor wasn't connected .
    So i re-purpose those .

Now, when you plug in the charger, the "light" on the board itself (as you may now its a white blink led) , it will sudden rapid turns off turns off, like flickr , not the general code ,as we now (with beeps or indication lights).
    Just flickrs for a split second and cuts off.

No power on ,no fan spin , nothing i suspect something from mosfet , with somewhere to be problem with ground.

But my main furstration is that as soon as you plug in the charger, i cannnot measure not even with ground the charger it self, i mean you have 8 points that the DC Jack goes to on the board, i plug the multimeter (negative) to a hole/ ground and the red wire to , establish a connectionwith dc-jack and see how much volts are coming in .
    But nothing is coming in ...

(The charger is 100% working without problem etc. tried 2-3 different chargers).

So i suspect the protection goes on ?

I don't know where to begin.

i even found a schematic.
    Attached Files

Re: Hp 470 g2 - la-b181p

Here is video

https://vimeo.com/651058480

Comment

New video...

https://vimeo.com/651081448

Non stop blinking light.

Comment

Plug in battery , orange light comes on volts go up , i believe it's charging the battery just fine.

https://vimeo.com/651081430

Comment

When i press the power button i have to squize it a little more than general , and you can see the white light comes on , but keeps blinking...

Tried good RAM (DDR3L + DDR3) both working 100% , just in case this was the problem.

But again nothing.....
          Keeps blinking white....

I read the BIOS chip to have it just in case. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=79 But i believe this is not the problem ?

Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-29-2021, 07:15 AM.

Comment

From the internet, white blinking light means low battery detected. For now, remove the battery.

Does the vin rail from adapter remain stable when connected to the logic board? This is the first interconnect to the board.

When logic board is on, can you measure the voltages at each coil to ground?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
              From the internet, white blinking light means low battery detected. For now, remove the battery.

Does the vin rail from adapter remain stable when connected to the logic board? This is the first interconnect to the board.

I haven't plugged in the battery.
              The board is bare naked. I just tested the battery in case it's charging.

So far all good.

But again , nothing else is showing...

Comment

I see 7 coils inthe front and none on the back.
                Most coils give me strange measuerments.
                Attached Files

Comment

Extra video with coil check.

https://vimeo.com/651116285

Comment

Originally posted by AccountSaver View Post
                    Extra video with coil check.

https://vimeo.com/651116285
                    just type out and post the results here mate, why take us away from the site to watch through a video.Reading the results here takes seconds
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

See attached.

Check & post the voltage readings for the requested locations.

We are checking to see how far the DCIN (adapter) voltage travels through the logic board.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        just type out and post the results here mate, why take us away from the site to watch through a video.Reading the results here takes seconds
                        The videos are just for showing in specific place what i get.
                        I will try and make sure the results , are on point and post them .

As soon as i start from somewhere...

Comment

See attached.

Check & post the voltage readings for the requested locations.

We are checking to see how far the DCIN (adapter) voltage travels through the logic board.
                          If i am getting it straight ( as you understand still learning ) .

You want me to measure the points : PQ102 ,PQ101, PR102.

Correct?

Comment

PQ 105
                            Entire one side has 2,53volt
                            The other side 19,65 volt
                            all stable measurments

PQ101
                            Entire one side 19,65
                            Entire other side 19,65 except last pin 6,12

PU102 and PQ102. I draw them here

Comment

and as i said, before it was blinking white light...

Now when you press the power button , it turns on the white light (and the light on the power button ribbon cable) stays on for 2-3 sec. and then sudden cuts off
                              (No fan spin, no heat anywhere)

Comment

I've tried more than 10 BIOS, all from forum, different threads ,some make the laptop completey dead. Without not even light ,but some make the laptop go ,to blinking white led mode (continous) non stop blinking (so it's not a code) . But again no fan spin , nothing on screen.
                                Some BIOS, make the laptop also go to a point that is showing steady white light , and then after 5-6 cuts off completely and goes dead.

No component is heating up (from bare hands)

Comment

Any kind of help ?

Comment

Maybe last minute help ? I think i will throw the board...

Comment

Working...
                                    X