Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinkpad Carbon X1 2nd Gen - Broken ?

Hello ,

I have an Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1 2nd gen. When i press the power on button the fan cooler swipes for about 5 seconds , the backlight of the keyboard turns on and off , the touchbar working.

The cooler after 5 seconds stops , and no video even on display even on HDMI.

I allready tried to reflow the RAM , and worked for about 2 - 3 times. After that stopped working , tried again to reflow but nothing. Is there a way that the RAM memmory to be burned now ?

Somebody got succes with this problem ?

Thank you

Re: Thinkpad Carbon X1 2nd Gen - Broken ?

1) What is the history of the laptop? Any liquid spills or just started doing this today ?

2) Remove all power (no adapter / no battery). Meter in resistance mode.

Measure and post the resistance of each coil to ground. Searching for any super low resistance values on the logic board which may indicate a shorted capacitor = local power rail will then shut off to prevent damage due to the high current draw of a shorted component.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      1) What is the history of the laptop? Any liquid spills or just started doing this today ?

2) Remove all power (no adapter / no battery). Meter in resistance mode.

Measure and post the resistance of each coil to ground. Searching for any super low resistance values on the logic board which may indicate a shorted capacitor = local power rail will then shut off to prevent damage due to the high current draw of a shorted component.
      Hello , i don't know the history of the laptop , because i had bought without screen for repair. But i see that not only the screen was the problem. But didn't see any signs of water.

But why after the first reflow , the unit botted and i can enter the bios ....

Comment

Memory is the main issue with them. Maybe try reballing. Seems kinda pointless tho.

Comment

Well , news.

I had tried with another board that has the same problem.

Flux + Heat , and now it's runs , but there is a strange thing.

You push the power button , and takes about 30 - 40 seconds for immage to appear , after that it's runs aprox fine.

And another thing , if loads Windows or Linux , and you don't use it , right then it freeze , if you run it then it's works ok.....

You have some ideeas ? Problems with the RAM ?

Comment

Is it intel board? Then the delay is probably bad me region of the bios.

Clean me region if its is intel board.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
              Is it intel board? Then the delay is probably bad me region of the bios.

Clean me region if its is intel board.
              Hmmm , how can i check if it's an intel board ?

Comment

Which processor is in the board is it intel i7 or i5oramd processor.

Comment

Which processor is in the board is it intel i7 or i5oramd processor.
                  It's an I5 4300U with 8gb RAM

I have those info's from AIDA

Bios Type - Phoenix UEFI
                  Bios Version - GRET63WW 1.4
                  SMBIOS Version - 2.7

Comment

Ok do clean me region from your dump or ask here for cleanme region of your dump.

Comment

Ok do clean me region from your dump or ask here for cleanme region of your dump.
                      SO first of all , i need to read the dump from the eeprom , right ?

Comment

Working...
                      X