Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro A1502 -keyboard and mouse doesn't work

Hi,

I have an MacBook Pro A1502 that keyboard and trackpad stop worked suddenly, no water contact ... mother board cleaned ...

If I reset SMC keyboard and trackpad works for a little time ... not every time ...

This happen when SMC doesn't work correctly, had this before, but doesn't work anymore not after reset to work ...

Can be something else or to try to replace SMC?

Thanks!
    Stefan

Re: MacBook Pro A1502 -keyboard and mouse doesn't work

Try to reseat the interface cables and/or replace the trackpad cable.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Try to reseat the interface cables and/or replace the trackpad cable.
      Same, I replaced cable and reseat keyboard…
      Should I try to replace/ reball smc?

Comment

I'd just try a known good or new trackpad cable first , its a known issue on the 1502's.
        Going straight for the smc is kinda like cutting off a finger when you got a splinter in your toe.

Another way to test is with a linux install , something about it using usb V's i2c or spi iirc, If it works on linux then its almost 100% a cable fault.
        A1502 need's to see the trackpad before the keyboard will work in macos.
        Last edited by rotceh_dnih; 12-03-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rotceh_dnih View Post
          I'd just try a known good or new trackpad cable first , its a known issue on the 1502's.
          Going straight for the smc is kinda like cutting off a finger when you got a splinter in your toe.

Another way to test is with a linux install , something about it using usb V's i2c or spi iirc, If it works on linux then its almost 100% a cable fault.
          A1502 need's to see the trackpad before the keyboard will work in macos.
          As I said before I tested with a known good flex from other one… and same thing.. reseat flex and same…

Solved by replacing trackpad.

Thanks for help!

Comment

Working...
          X