Are capxons really that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are capxons really that bad?

I'm just curious. I got a budget board to replace the HP motherboard I have. It was a really good deal, 4 DIMM slots and the Intel P43 chipset for $60.

When I opened the box, lo and behold. Capxon. Capxon. Capxon. Maybe 4-5 KZE United Chemicon caps. I heard from some people that Capxons are fine as long as you run them cool. Would that be a good bet for these caps to last awhile?

Re: Are capxons really that bad?

no. recap it anyway.

like asking if gasoline is flammable... crapxons are bad. bottom line.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Replace them.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

new ones are no better.just got in a factory refurb newall dp7 that acted possessed.
        they fixed it with capxons's.it lasted 6 months!

Comment

Originally posted by speng View Post
          I heard from some people that Capxons are fine as long as you run them cool.
          That's only in Power Supplies. On motherboards, they are pure junk.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Well, let's put it this way
            Rubycon might once every millionth batch or so make a dud batch

Crapxon might once every millionth batch or so make a good batch
            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Oh well, that's a shame. I don't understand why they can't make a good cap or why they knowingly put in caps that will go bad. Seems like such a scam to me but I guess you get what you pay for... and I got this MB for cheaps.

Comment

It's not that they don't want to make good quality capacitors
                But to compete at this pricelevel they have to use the cheapest possible aluminium, and that means made in China

It has been proven this aluminium is not of as high quality as that manufactured in Japan and used in the Japanese capacitors
                That is one of the reasons they have problems with the capacitors quality.
                That and maybe not a very good formula for the electrolyte is used, since to play in the pricelevel they do they can't hire as many good techs developing the formulas as the Japanese premium brands can...
                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by speng View Post
                  I don't understand why they can't make a good cap or why they knowingly put in caps that will go bad.
                  It's all your fault. You won't pay for the good stuff, as well you shouldn't

Let's examine the tale of two motherboards. One board was created with the best components and would last nearly forever. The other was created with cheap components and would only last about 6 years. The good board cost substantially more than the cheap board. They were outfitted with Pentium II processors so both were thrown in the trash in 5 years. Would you pay extra for the board that will last for 20 more years?
                  sig files are for morons

Comment

Originally posted by severach View Post

Let's examine the tale of two motherboards. One board was created with the best components and would last nearly forever. The other was created with cheap components and would only last about 6 years. The good board cost substantially more than the cheap board. They were outfitted with Pentium II processors so both were thrown in the trash in 5 years. Would you pay extra for the board that will last for 20 more years?
                    because it is in a cnc machine or the like. those are kept for years- kc8adu still fixes machines running k6-2's! my school shop last year had a couple cnc's running off mac lc's!

because you want to be able to sell it to a collector when all is said and done.

because you want to be able to hand it down to someone who needs one and cannot get one themselves.

because often, they last less than 2-3 years with crapxons. normally not 6 w/o a recap.

because you don't like getting crap only because the OEM wanted to save less than $5 per board.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by severach View Post

The problem with your theory is that caps with crap aluminum can start failing in 6 months.
                      Mann-Made Global Warming.
                      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                        The problem with your theory is that caps with crap aluminum can start failing in 6 months.
                        quoted for truth.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X