X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting BIOS for NEC VersaPro VX-2

[Manufacturer]
    NEC

[Laptop model] There are several model-names I found on this laptop.
    VersaPro VX-2
    VKT16X-2
    PC-VKT16XZG2

[Mother board model]
    DNLL1/L2 LA-C423P Rev:1.0
    (Picture is also attached on this thread)

[BIOS chip model]
    Winbond 25Q128JVSQ
    (Extracted 16MB of dump data from possibly corrupted chip via CH341A is attached on this thread)

[What I've tested so far]
    I have a bricked laptop which lights up power & charging lamp when I plug in the ac adaptor and when I push the power button the led on it changes its color to green.

But It never turns on backlight nor any image on monitor.
    I plugged in HDMI cable trying to see if it could output any image onto external monitor, but all I could see on the external monitor was "No Signal".

When I let the laptop sit for a while after turing on, eventually the fan starts to kick in.

By considering these symptoms above, I think the Power-management IC is up and running, but the bios is corrupted for some reason.

So I want to reprogram the BIOS chip.
    The manufacturer has BIOS updating software on the web, but the problem is that the program is supposed to run on Windows.
    -The download URL is as follows.
    (https://support.nec-lavie.jp/driver/...odule_no=11409)
    (The update program is also attached.)

Currently I can't even get to see BIOS menu before loading Windows...

If you have working BIOS data on this model, that would help me a lot.
    Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: Requesting BIOS for NEC VersaPro VX-2

My problem was solved. Thank you anyway.

>Dear administrator
    I want to delete this thread but I could't find the "edit" button. Sorry to bother you.

Comment

Originally posted by Yossy View Post
      My problem was solved. Thank you anyway.

>Dear administrator
      I want to delete this thread but I could't find the "edit" button. Sorry to bother you.
      The bios you posted might help someone.How did you solve it did you get a working bios from somewhere else
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Actually I didn't solve the problem.
        Today I checked on the motherboad with DMM for further possible faults, then I found the CPU on the laptop was shorted to death.

If I change the CPU for a working one, that might bring it back to life, but I don't have that skill nor the budget to have someone to do it.

Therefore unfortunately there is no meaning for me to get a working BIOS now.
        As you said, this info might help someone in the future.

Comment

Hi All,

I have the same request as this. hoping you can help me bypass the bios for this laptop model:

VersaPro VX-2
          VKT16X-2
          PC-VKT16XZG2

How do I reset this to default?

Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by bogzky03 View Post
            Hi All,

I have the same request as this. hoping you can help me bypass the bios for this laptop model:

VersaPro VX-2
            VKT16X-2
            PC-VKT16XZG2

How do I reset this to default?

Thank you all.
            read the rules and post your bios dump. what means "bypass the bios"? it has password? describe your problem.
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>>
            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Apologies on this. I am not yet so well verse in bios settings.

I recently acquired the said laptop but no HDD. upon trying to install a new HDD and trying to reformat via USB drive, I found out that cannot enter bios setup since the previous owner has set an "Admin password" or "Supervisor Password".

Thus, I am not able to do anything unless I can remove the password. Can anyone help me on this.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by bogzky03 View Post
                Apologies on this. I am not yet so well verse in bios settings.

I recently acquired the said laptop but no HDD. upon trying to install a new HDD and trying to reformat via USB drive, I found out that cannot enter bios setup since the previous owner has set an "Admin password" or "Supervisor Password".

Thus, I am not able to do anything unless I can remove the password. Can anyone help me on this.

Thank you.
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=phoenix+bios
                1. How to dump and flash
                3. Password removal by laptop brand
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                all donations are welcome,
                see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                >>>>>
                click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

NEC lm750 ms-12511 bin file ....

good day to all please help.. i cant finf bios bin file for this model

Comment

Working...
                  X