Pegatron - Turbox A15YA BIOS needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegatron - Turbox A15YA BIOS needed

I am trying to find Turbox A15YA BIOS. Its a pegatron motherboard clone.
    Can someone help?
    Old bios is 8mb.
    Motherboard had a short. I replaced 4 mosfet. Now its on but it stays on logo screen.

Re: Pegatron - Turbox A15YA BIOS needed

upload the original Bios to check. It is possible that it be a non-Bios issue such as HDD.

Comment

I have replaced the disk but still stays in logo. When i was entering into bios it recognized successfully the hard disk and every usb flash drive.
      I tried to reprogram it with the same bios in different chip but it didnt turn on. Then i found a different bios from a different model a15ya motherboard,i programmed and now it turns on with black screen.
      I must find the correct bios...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by memoslar; 09-05-2018, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Your bios ME area is corrupt.If your motherboard revision is 2.1 check these bios dumps: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44558
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-05-2018, 01:14 PM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I tried that version of 8mb. It starts with black screen. It is incompatible.

Comment

Try this one, its for a gigabyte Q2542,same pegatron board.
            Attached Files
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

This worked! i have screen.. But still stays at logo screen...
              In bios menu everything looks good.
              The motherboard had 4 shorted mosfets before around the cpu...

Comment

Look at the pdf on post #1 here,it may help : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=casper

Comment

Originally posted by memoslar View Post
                  I am trying to find Turbox A15YA BIOS. Its a pegatron motherboard clone.
                  Can someone help?
                  Old bios is 8mb.
                  Motherboard had a short. I replaced 4 mosfet. Now its on but it stays on logo screen.
                  i have a working TurboX (Pegatron) A15YA, i could clone the Bios for you, if you can find me the motherbords' users manual that i need to Upgrade the CPU. It is running on a Celeron
                  B815 Sandy Bridge socket 988B rPGA @ 1,6 GH i beleive.
                  i have used this second generation I5 CPU
                  i5 3210M Ivy Bridge Socket 988B rPGA @ 2,5 GH

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...-ghz-rpga.html

and it worked fine, for testing purposes, but to upgrade it i want to use this I3 CPU (as it is cheaper to buy), but i am not sure that it supports it.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...-2-40-ghz.html

the seller has told me that this is the batch number of the CPU, but i can't find any website that matches CPUs to their batch number.
                  J23B359

if you can help me, i will upload the BIOS for you. if you know of anyone that has an affordable cpu for me, also let me know

Comment

Ivy Bridge often won't work properly in place of Sandy Bridge CPU on laptops. But if the Core i5-3210M worked properly and it didn't shut down after 30 minutes, then the Core i3-3110M will work too.
                    HM70 chipsets are compatible only with Celeron/Pentium, they will shutdown after 30 minutes with Core i3/i5/i7.
                    Batch number does not really matter, the Sspec (printed on the CPU package) will tell you what CPU and stepping it is. For Core i3-3110M on Socket G2 it should be either SR0N1 or SR0T4.
                    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      Try this one, its for a gigabyte Q2542,same pegatron board.
                      Thank you very much! It worked for me as well.
                      My laptop had just lost it's bios without any shorted parts.
                      @memoslar I had a similar problem at first, so I had to Load Optimised Defaults in order to continue boot.

Thanks again
                      Stavros
                      Last edited by kmx200; 03-03-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X