2019 MY lenovo T480 terrible POST time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 MY lenovo T480 terrible POST time

i have this brand new T480 lenovo with a 2/20/2019 build date type 20L6-S3JG00

it was bricked and i was able to buy a bios dump from ************ and get it booting, but it takes MINUTES before the lenovo splash screen even appears.

i'll press the power button, and the power button lights up
    keyboard will illuminate for a moment then fade out
    then i have only power button lit up, sometimes function lock light
    it will sit here for minutes
    then the lenovo splash screen comes and everything works fine after that

occasionally, power button light will go out and i must press again to restart super slow boot.

my first thought was perform lenovo bios update. process completed no error, problem persists

my second thought was clean ME. why not, probably should on internet dumps anyway right?

ME analyzer says 11.8.50.3460 CSEME production region extracted consumer LP NPDM and the decomp was 1788kb.

my ME archive has corresponding files at 1984kb

i try some nearby files which don't match descriptor but do match file size, and laptop chirps a loud song at me when i turn it on, waits a few minutes, and powers up. i tried a stored dump from another T480 that i worked on before (i collect bios from every laptop i work on) and it had the same long boot problem. i cleaned the ME on the other bios with the intel easy clean ME app, which recognized and suggested several "compatible" ME versions, but they all make the silly song then wait a few minutes to boot.

what the heck is going on with this?
    This isn't Monaco... This is Baghdad

Re: 2019 MY lenovo T480 terrible POST time

Hello

here is a manufactor bin from t480 try it

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Latour View Post
      Hello

Great many thanks

Comment

thank you! i flashed the binary, and it plays the 8note chip tune and then does nothing \-; this bios plays the chip tune every time i power on, not just the first time i power on after flashing.

i have attached a dump of my bios too. my bios doesn't make it play a song.

i have tried using the reset button three times, it just makes it play the song again on the next boot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Why not use warranty?
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

will use warranty if i have to, but i'd rather just get it figured out myself instead of sending off for unnecessary MLB replacement

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Latour View Post
              Hello

THANK YOU NICO!!!!

while the binary didn't work for me, i extracted the configured ME region and inserted to my binary, and it POSTs in three seconds.

thanks again

Comment

Good day everyone, please i need urgent help. i have lenovo thinkpad T480 8 GEN, It has bios password and i auto patched it. Now the system is making melody sound, After that i return the original file, yet it is not displaying at all, is making melody sound. the problem am having now is, i try the file MR Nico Latour POSTED and it work, but the problem now is that if i should connect ssd hard drive, the laptop will not display at. but without hard drive the system will display.

The laptop model number is TYPE 20L6-S5JUD0
                Serial number is PF-1XMRCL
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Akintunde View Post
                  Good day everyone, please i need urgent help. i have lenovo thinkpad T480 8 GEN, It has bios password and i auto patched it. Now the system is making melody sound, After that i return the original file, yet it is not displaying at all, is making melody sound. the problem am having now is, i try the file MR Nico Latour POSTED and it work, but the problem now is that if i should connect ssd hard drive, the laptop will not display at. but without hard drive the system will display.

The laptop model number is TYPE 20L6-S5JUD0
                  Serial number is PF-1XMRCL
                  Please Check this
                  Regards
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J_PH View Post
                    Please Check this
                    Regards
                    Thank you sir. It works but i am still having hard drive issue, i will look for another hdd connector. Once Again thank you sir.

Comment

Hey @ Akintunde,
                      I have the same exact issue, when I connect good working SSD drive from my t470 the t480 turns on but black display and no boot , when SSD is removed ( not cable just SSD ) the system boots fine to bios .
                      Did you find any solution?

Comment

Working...
                      X