Charge controller voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charge controller voltage

I'm very new here and don't know a lot of the theory of electronics which is why I was hoping to get some help. Please forgive me if I don't explain it very well.

I am building a standalone gas powered 12v battery charger for charging medium to large banks of deep cycle batteries. It's a Honda engine turning up to a 200 amp alternator. The alternators I am using already have charge controllers built into them the problem is the voltages are incorrect for charging deep cycle batteries.
    What I need is some kind of circuit or component that will change the voltage up or down approx 1.5v from the current voltage of the battery.
    The built in regulators have a voltage sense wire that this circuit would go onto. I'm not sure if this is important but this sense wire does not draw any current, or at least its so small my clamp meter doesn't pick it up. I could test this with a different meter to confirm though.

I'm not sure if I have explained this enough for you to get what I mean but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again guys for a great forum I was already able to fix my 42" tv and a lcd monitor cause or you.

CJ
Working...
X