Lithium Ion Laptop Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lithium Ion Laptop Batteries

I accidentally ruined a brand new laptop battery connector (the plastic) but the batteries inside (attached picture) are perfectly ok. It was never even hooked to a laptop. I dropped the battery and broke the plastic connector that hooks to the laptop rendering the battery useless. I carefully took the battery apart and have the individual cells from the inside. I was wondering if there is any use for these as they are and if anyone knows how I can charge these like they are?
    Attached Files

Re: Lithium Ion Laptop Batteries

by the way, I took the batteries all apart and removed the board that was attached. They are just individual batteries now. SG18650 3.7V 22A 1007 are the numbers on each battery. Ya know, just in case ya wanna know all that stuff. lol

Comment

Originally posted by freakytiki4u View Post
      I was wondering if there is any use for these as they are and if anyone knows how I can charge these like they are?
      Try

www.candlepowerforums.com
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

you could (in theory) rebuild a dead battery pack with them.

did something like this a few times for older laptops simply because it isn't really worth buying new cells at 5eur each or new replacement battery packs for almost 100eur for an old(-ish) laptop (let's say Pentium M or something like that)

Comment

Those look like Sony 2200mAh 18650s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...l_rechargeable

Comment

You can purchase an as is model or dead battery of the same model off of ebay and carefully remove the PCB and lion cells and add them to that case to make a good battery that will likely be your best option.
            Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.

Comment

you can use it as ordinary battery, just watchout for the voltage n ampere

Comment

Working...
              X