Basic question regarding use of ungrounded sockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Basic question regarding use of ungrounded sockets

52? jees next thing we need is a power bricked PC or CRT i seen power bricked LCDs
    i count 6 in this place.

Stats Reset Every Month.
    My Forums

Comment

Did you know that someone in the US (don't remember the report) calcualted that if all linear power bricks where exchanged for switched ones an enire nuclear power plant could be shutdown due to the powersavings...
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Yea, and if those stand by things all only suck about 1w from the net instead of up to 40w e.g. for an Sony TV i think youcan shut down something more.

Comment

I have two gateway PC's that use big black power bricks.
          Profile 3 and 4.
          Jim

Comment

Just noticed the Profile 2 in the corner folding, it also has brick.
            Jim

Comment

now, can anyone explain to me why two pronged AC cords are polarized? By the nature of AC, polarization shouldn't be necessary, and in fact many old appliances are NOT polarized.
              Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Originally posted by dood
                now, can anyone explain to me why two pronged AC cords are polarized? By the nature of AC, polarization shouldn't be necessary, and in fact many old appliances are NOT polarized.
                those figure 8 plugs. they can be plugged in up side down and still work. still i would like to know if neutral even does anything.

I also had something to do with a non-grounded computer. i rested my hand on top of the computer CRACK huge sparks hit my hand and the computer promptly turned itself off. turned it back on(still works today and this was 3 years ago) all was well.

it goes to show that ground is compulsory on todays computers.

Stats Reset Every Month.
                My Forums

Comment

The Swedish prongs are desinged so they can be put in any way... Of course polarity doesn't matter in a single phase AC circuit...
                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                  X