Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

troubleshoot help: motherboard shortout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

troubleshoot help: motherboard shortout?

not sure if this is the right place to be asking, but i think i shorted out my motherboard... system powers up but wont post...

have checked the vid card... its working perfectly...

i did spil some coolaboratory liquid pro on one SMD, but i didnt think it shorted out to anything, there was no smell...

if i take a picture of the area could you tell me if the spill could have caused my problem? (feel free to direct me to a more appropriate forum.. or thread)

thanks

Re: troubleshoot help: motherboard shortout?

what about clearing the BIOS?
    " coolaboratory liquid pro " <- is that electrically conductive?
    btw what did you do to this system before?
    yes a pic or more would be good, at least one of for a whole area, and one other for the suspect area (if your cam have macro feature).
    days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Re: troubleshoot help: motherboard shortout?

Originally posted by yanz
      what about clearing the BIOS?
      " coolaboratory liquid pro " <- is that electrically conductive?
      btw what did you do to this system before?
      yes a pic or more would be good, at least one of for a whole area, and one other for the suspect area (if your cam have macro feature).

the coolaboratory liquid is conductive, but i found the problem... i have an antec true power (or true control) 2.0 and i'd neglected to plug in the control circuit

cleaned the whole board (including every trace of the CLP) so hopefully it gives me some love... will be time for cap swapping soon though, dmm&soldering station aquired.

first will practice on an old dick smith stereo/amp kit dad got when he was a kid. then onto finding the right cap for my board! :P

Comment

Working...
      X