Which broken devices should i buy to take good caps from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which broken devices should i buy to take good caps from

Hi guys, here in Argentina, good brand caps for mobos and PSU's are QUITE expensive and hard to get. So for years I've bought any DEAD Asus, Aopen and Intel board to get those prescious good caps. I gotta to repair lotta psu's and i cant get 3200 2800 2200uf 16v 10v caps , so, which devices (dunno, audio amplifier, tv's, old IBM psu's) are built with "so and so" good 16v caps?
    I LOVE WWW.BADCAPS.NET

Re: Which broken devices should i buy to take good caps from

It would be hard for you to find anything good from old broken hardware, unless it's some good brands of computers.

The only hardware I can tell you for sure is old HP Vectras - I had one which used a Dell power supply made by Delta that used Taicon and Nippon Chemi Con capacitors - 15-20 years later still measured good.

I'd suggest talking to the Badcaps owner to see if he can give you a better deal with the postage and if you buy more capacitors from him, he can probably negociate the price.

Otherwise, I'd be willing to mail you some capacitors from my own personal "stock" if it's really that bad in your country - it would cost you about the Farnell price (uk.farnell.com) plus a couple of dollars for stamps and the thick envelopes/cardboard box.

By the way, see how much it would cost you to work with them.. they have an "Export" site here : http://export.farnell.com
    There's also a live chat on their site, maybe you can ask them to see how much it costs to buy and ship to you

Comment

Better yet, buy in bulk and resell them--unless you're the only one in your country that knows what a capacitor is beyond "it makes my iPod work, right?"
      sig files are for morons

Comment

I think all of you are right. Beside buying old broken scrap is taking away my whole room. I have like 15 Asus a7v DE-capped hanging around the room :S:S. I've also found good caps in AppleVision CRT monitors.
        I LOVE WWW.BADCAPS.NET

Comment

ive gotten lots of good caps out of busted xbox 360s
          Rubycon 1500uf 16v
          Rubycon 2700uf 6.3v
          Rubycon 820uf 6.3v <-- gotten more of these then i can shake a stick at.
          then theres the smaller ones and a few panies i think and nichicon.
          My Computer.
          AMD APU A4-3300 2.5ghz 1mb cache
          Motherboard GigaByte GA-A75M-S2V
          Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

SB Audigy 2 ZS [B800] Sound Card
          500GB WD Caviar® Blue™
          1 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™
          2 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™

Comment

Working...
          X