Xerox monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xerox monitor

Hi all, im new, but ive got a question, i have a xerox xa7-19i monitor which backlight keeps going of after a few seconds, ive looked and changed almost all caps, no burnt ic or mosfets , pcb looks quite good, so im just wondering if someone might know how to fix.

I played around with the monitor again yesterday and found that if i unplug the bottom inverter ccfls then the monitor runs only with two ccfls, then it stays on for a few minutes, say about 10 to 25 minutes then backlights go off again.

Re: Xerox monitor

Originally posted by phlox View Post
    Hi all, im new, but ive got a question, i have a xerox xa7-19i monitor which backlight keeps going of after a few seconds, ive looked and changed almost all caps, no burnt ic or mosfets , pcb looks quite good, so im just wondering if someone might know how to fix.

I played around with the monitor again yesterday and found that if i unplug the bottom inverter ccfls then the monitor runs only with two ccfls, then it stays on for a few minutes, say about 10 to 25 minutes then backlights go off again.

You found your problem, you have bad CCFLs, get out your kennedy caliper and measure the diameter and then measure the length.
    You can order replacements from http://www.ccflwarehouse.com/
    You can contact them and give them the measurements they should be able to find the correct bulbs assuming your assessment is correct.

Taking apart the actual LCD is pretty straight forward, 4 screws, 2 on each side. Just pretend you're unfolding it, just be sure not to damage the t-con cable bonds going to the LCD, otherwise it will not be repairable and you're stuck with vertical lines or none working sides.

Comment

That doesnt sound to difficult, one more question, the screen worked a month or two ago then started taking forever to power up and display anything, before that the caps went , about a year ago so i recapped with spares i had and it worked till a month ago,so im just wondering how can the ccfl tubes go in about a month of not using the screen? And how do they cause the backlights going on and then going off after few minutes?

Just glad its not the invertors driving the ccfl tubes.

Oh and i replaced the power circuit bosrd with another screen that i initialy took for spares but found it was exaclty the same board, but in the old screen it did the same thing , backlights going off, as far as i can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by phlox View Post

Just glad its not the invertors driving the ccfl tubes.
        How do you know - have you tested them.

Have you tried unplugging the other set of lamps instead.

Have you tried swapping the leads top to bottom ( if leads are not long enough you may need to do it with the board turned over)
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
        X