Electrolux EUO9GREEN Vacuum Cleaner doesn't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrolux EUO9GREEN Vacuum Cleaner doesn't start

I have a vacuum cleaner that won't start. I have desoldered 2 capacitors with low value. But i don't know if they can cause that kind of problem. Someone here with any thoughts and inputs?

I marked the capacitors on the pcb picture with red and blue dots. The big one marked with 334 K measures 216 nF and the other one marked 224 K measures 109 nF.

replace them, one may be part of the psu supplying that microcontroller
    which brings up my second point - why the hell does a motor need a microcontroller?

Comment

• Henke
      Henke commented
      Editing a comment
      Now it's working. I changed them plus the electrolytic one. Thank you very much.

I am struggling with one of these cards.
    Thunderstorm while the vacuum cleaner was connected to the outlet. After that it wouldn't start.
    Checked for faulty components (some out of circuit) but nothing obvious.
    Connected the card and works!
    Disconnected the card, reconnected it again - not working…
    Further inspection. Connected the card and works!
    Disconnected the card, reconnected it again - not working…

When it was working I measured TP4 (printed 5V) in the circuit. I got 2.95V, which seems to be the reference voltage for the voltage regulator TL431AC. When it is not working it reads 0.8V.

Filter caps also read low for me, so I will replace them to see what happens…
    Last edited by wamund; 07-03-2024, 02:40 AM. Reason: Small addition

Comment

Now replaced the two filter caps and the varistor. Works like a charm!
      By the way, voltage at TP4 still reads 2.95V.

Comment

Nice fixed👍 I am pretty sure that my tp4 neither measured 5V. I thought that was strange, but I can't remember the exact value though . But it's still working fine 😃

Comment

Working...
        X