X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyson DC45 trigger board burnt brush motor driving SO8 IC

Hi fellows,

I am trying to repair a Dyson DC45 battery powered hoover.

There is a trigger board in it which hosts an Attiny48 and some power stage to drive the brush motor.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160302_165135.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	3299288

Unfortunately a SO8 component burned to hell in it together with a 0603 resistor and the IC could not be identified.

The Attiny output looks to be survived the problem because when pulling the trigger it outputs high for a while and then turns off.
    It is likely that it measured the current on the R10 shunt and this is why it is shut down.

I have attached a reverse engineered schematic from the part.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyson DC45 FY-2 trigger board brush driving circuit.png
Views:	439
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	3299287

What type of IC could it be?

• Answer selected by martonmiklos at 06-30-2024, 02:06 PM.

Use some alcohol to clean the top of Q2 and you will see the number, I suspect it is a mosfet or mosfet and diode. pin 1 is under the white wire next to the notch on the ic.
    It may be a FDFS6N548
    Last edited by R_J; 06-29-2024, 08:08 PM.

Comment

The pinout in the schematic could be mirrored (I have not managed to find pin #1 marking on the board or on the IC.)

Comment

Use some alcohol to clean the top of Q2 and you will see the number, I suspect it is a mosfet or mosfet and diode. pin 1 is under the white wire next to the notch on the ic.
        It may be a FDFS6N548
        Last edited by R_J; 06-29-2024, 08:08 PM.

Comment

pin1 faces the inductor, the package outline on the board shows the top

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            It may be a FDFS6N548
            Thanks man it matches the pinout I will ditch in a diode and an N FET and we will see!

Comment

Working...
            X