Audio Technica Cartridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Technica Cartridge

I'm looking for the specs on the cartridge used in my Pioneer PL-516, which is an Audio Technica AT4412XE.

I shelled out the $70 for a genuine AT shibata stylus, and it sounds great. I'm hoping to get my hands on a Bellari VP129 tube preamp to try on it, but I wanted to make sure it would be compatible first. Anyone know what voltage level this cartridge puts out?

On a side note, after I got the PL-516, I found out my $179 Sony turntable (that I got a certain big name store) plays a bit too fast, and is not adjustable

Also found this amusing, since I have a Marantz 2240. Yay for vintage quality

Attached Files

Re: Audio Technica Cartridge

The guy was a fool: putting into mains a possibly wrecked and dirty equipment: at least open it a check inside. Perhaps he was waiting for a second fire?

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

I'm sure he had to open it to replace the cord. As long as the primary fuses are of proper value, I would say there is no harm.

Comment

yes i dont agree with the ad subject. surprised they ran that.

my sister has a bunch of marantz separates. they must be over 15 years old. still going strong. the amp busted once and they fixed it for next day pickup lol, i could not believe that. dont know if they build them like that anymore though.
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

a bit like this one from zu audio not that impressed
          Attached Files
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I just picked up a new cartridge for my Technics table. It's the Audio-Technica ESCAT301 with a genuine shibata stylus, for only $59 from http://www.jukemania.com/ttneedles.htm

Best value for money that I can see. I mean, just look at those specs!

Frequency Response 15-25,000 Hz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Channel Separation 26/17 (dB at 1 kHz/10 kHz)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vertical Tracking Force 1.0-1.5 grams

Stylus Construction Bonded round shank

Recommended Load Impedance 47,000 ohms

Output 5.0 (mV at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)

Channel Balance 1.5 dB

Stylus Shape 0.4 x 0.7 mil elliptical

Cantilever Alloy tube

Mount Universal
            Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Working...
            X