Tplink RE600x wifi extender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tplink RE600x wifi extender

Hi guys, I have this wifi extender from 2 years ago. Itstarted to hhavesome problem like ddisconnectingalone and reconnect alone some time I must turning off wait a couple of minutes and open it to working again, anyway I opened and found some capacitor not very good then I replaced, and this kind of resistance.. It's possible I can't buy it? I mean I read the mark on the pcb but I didn't find it... It's very strange that or the problem is myself getting badly research... thank you all for your reply , your time and your help 🙏

Hi guys I found this 7.5 ohm 3w according with mark on pcb. But there are difference is about 5 line color (mine) and 4 color the new resistance. It should be okay? Thanks anyone for the reply

Comment

Hi guys I have news, I received the resistor, but as you can see it is more larger than mine, anyway I was to try but when I plugged it just brown up. Do you think I may put this thing on the bin ? Because I can't find it the exactly resistor... thanks in advance

Comment

It is some sort of a high wattage low value resistance resistor in the power section. It is probably used as a fusible resistor. So my guess is you got a shorted something in there that needs to be found before you replace that resistor.
        The larger wattage (bigger) resistor shouldn't be a problem. However a smaller that the original one is a problem. Of course best would be to gat the same size (wattage) resistor, but if 7.5 Ohm 3W was written on the board, it is fine by me. Just be mindful of replacing parts, because it is like you you put a 10A fuse in a 5A circuit.
        Last edited by CapLeaker; 07-21-2024, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
          It is some sort of a high wattage low value resistance resistor in the power section. It is probably used as a fusible resistor. So my guess is you got a shorted something in there that needs to be found before you replace that resistor.
          Thanks man but the thing was working before I opened it. Some time it just slow down the connection.. So I opened and found the resistor no so good.. It's really strange iI already checked those capacitor and the bridge rectify they are okay. Maybe the resistor that I buying is too big? Thanks
          Last edited by labello; 07-21-2024, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by labello View Post

Thanks man but the thing was working before I opened it. Some time it just slow down the connection.. So I opened and found the resistor no so good.. It's really strange iI already checked those capacitor and the bridge rectify they are okay. Maybe the resistor that I buying is too big? Thanks
            Like I said before, a bigger resistor shouldn't be the problem. However a too small wattage resistor is a problem. It used like a fuse. Is the original resistor blown too or how did you deferment the resistor is bad?
            To me: if that resistor blows, it's lights out.

Comment

Like I said before, a bigger resistor shouldn't be the problem. However a too small wattage resistor is a problem. It used like a fuse. Is the original resistor blown too or how did you deferment the resistor is bad?
              To me: if that resistor blows, it's lights out.
              The smaller is the original, as you can see looks no so good... So I buy it following the mark on board. But it's too big than the original one. I'm guessing if I replace again the resistor and plug in the lamp limiter? Thanks for your help 👍

Comment

maybe the cap is in backwards ?

Comment

Then the cap should go poof!
                  Right now my bet is you got the wrong resistor type. The original is wire wound and you replaced it with a carbon composite type. Stick another wire wound one in there.

measure the original resistor with your ohm meter
                  Last edited by CapLeaker; 07-21-2024, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Violet, green, black, silver, brown = 7.5 Ohm 1%
                    can't really decipher the 3rd colour band on the old one.

Comment

Violet, green, black, silver, brown = 7.5 Ohm 1%
                      can't really decipher the 3rd colour band on the old one.
                      Violet, green, gold,gold, brown

Comment

Right now my bet is you got the wrong resistor type. The original is wire wound and you replaced it with a carbon composite type. Stick another wire wound one in there.

measure the original resistor with your ohm meter
                        Possibly, I order 7.5 Ohm 3w just mark says. I measured the original with multimeter ( selector ohm) t's open circuit

Comment

Originally posted by labello View Post

Violet, green, gold,gold, brown
                          so what does this resistor measure on your DMM?

Comment

Hmm… violet, green, gold, gold is 7.5 ohms 5%. Well if the wire wound one was open, then something is drawing too much current. Something has to be shorted.

Comment

Hmm… violet, green, gold, gold is 7.5 ohms 5%. Well if the wire wound one was open, then something is drawing too much current. Something has to be shorted.
                              Yes I think so, il check it after the work day,but I'm afraid I can't find the same resistor. I just do it but it's different. So I suppose the seller is the liar ..?🤔

Comment

Have you measured that M7 diode ( D10002 in your picture ) ? Also, trace where the resistor is connected.

Comment

might be my eyes but that black one looks backwards to me . Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=3305134.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	833.0 KB
ID:	3314454

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                    might be my eyes but that black one looks backwards to me . Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=3305134.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	833.0 KB
ID:	3314454
                                    I think you may be on to something. Question is did the black cap get removed and soldered by accident back in backwards, or are the markings on the PCB wrong (I've seen that before too). Hard to tell without seeing the board. From both sides.

Comment

Guys both of you are right! The black capacitor was in backwards (soldered in the wrong direction by someone) I changed the resistor again with a new one and put the capacitor in the right direction, and then it works again!! Your guidelines was so helpful I almost put it on the bin. Thank you both of you!! One more questions why the original resistor is different against the new one? Is something that I must understand? Thanks

Comment

some people shouldnt be allowed near a soldering iron .

Comment

Working...
                                        X