Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GV-N2060OC-6GD REV 2.0 GIGABYTE video card troubleshooting assistance needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GV-N2060OC-6GD REV 2.0 GIGABYTE video card troubleshooting assistance needed.

The issue with this video card is the HDMI port. Specifically on pin 19 (Diode checks on all other pins are normal). When i do a diode check on it from the pin on the board itself, I have nothing. There is also no short on the pin. Resistance reads about 200k. Normally on any HDMI pin 19 I would expect some voltage drop anywhere from .5v to 1.2v but here, I have nothing. The card is operational and can be used via the displayPort ports, but not through the HDMI. Attached you will find the pdf schematics for the card on page 22. I have verified that all of the resistors on this line before the out signal are within tolerance and not blown. Q521 also gives typical resistance readings and voltage drops you would expect of a 3 pin transistor that is not blown or shorted. I am going to try replacing the transistor regardless in the hope that it is not functioning correctly when it senses to 1v8_AON signal. Would explain the lack of a diode reading I suppose.

Please keep in mind I am not very familiar with graphics card repairs and this is one of a handful I have dealt with with HDMI ports in my experience are about what you would expect as far as measurements and readings on any device. Perhaps I am wrong and no diode reading on pin 19 is normal with video cards? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

link to schematic https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...67#post3315767
Working...
X