Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Studio 1555 - Keyboard Clip

Hello to everybody,
    i have on my bench a Dell 1555 with the small plastic clip retaining the kb flex cable in place BROKEN; before use hot glue to firmly and eternally attach the cable to connector, i would know if there is some place where purchase the small plastics for zif.
    Any help?

Re: Dell Studio 1555 - Keyboard Clip

For reference here the connector pic;
    number of contacts 30,pitch 1mm
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't think you can purchase it anywhere, but you can improvise one yourself. Grab one from a DVD drive or whatever, slide it in, add the tiniest bit of superglue and it's done. Can be taken apart again if needed.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Tried before, but these connectors are damned like hell; the purpose of the backlift mechanism is to press down contacts on the flat, without is impossible to have all pins right connected, in fact when tried some keys was not working,,,.
        The connector is a FPC type, still investigating on Molex and Hirose websites the right one.Bye.

Comment

When I had that happen I cut some 3x5 card to strips the width of the cable.
          Pushed in cable then added strips behind it until it was snug.
          Worked for a temp fix.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X