Acer aspire 7520 no power Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer aspire 7520 no power Up

Hi. I got this laptop AMD turion type board with integrated graphic.

When I start the fan and power light come up for few seconds, no video and nothing, after fan no work and light up for 5 sec and this constant repeat.

I reball MCP67MV-A2, two times, in detail inspection pads on board and chip is OK. chip is not popcorned and core on chip has no signs of owerheating.
    The battery is OK and charging work, but if I start laptop from battery is a same defect.

So I think, the problem is somewhere else, I record video HERE http://tinypic.com/r/2udw2e0/7

If anyone know what could be wrong, please help.

Thankyou.
    Last edited by primoz1; 10-03-2011, 04:48 AM.

Re: Acer aspire 7520 no power Up

try re-flowing the parts behind the mobo where the north bridge is located.

make sure, the vent is cleaned up. fan looks dusty...

regards

Comment

Is this safe ? I'm afraid, that in this case would fall down, chips, processor socket and other heavier elements at the bottom of the board ?

Are you do this before ?

Thankyou.

Comment

use heatproof tape on the opposite side to where you are reflowing to stop components dropping off, just dont dirsturb the board while its cooling.

Comment

Originally posted by primoz1 View Post
          Is this safe ? I'm afraid, that in this case would fall down, chips, processor socket and other heavier elements at the bottom of the board ?

Are you do this before ?

Thankyou.
          i've done this many times.
          re-flowing small components is done quickly than a larger chip like northbridge.
          you should practice removing and replacing small components on a dead desktop motherboard or any board that has small smd parts.

i have fixed similar problem, its an acer aspire but i forgot the model. re-flowed an array of small caps behind the mobo that brought back the laptop into action.

hope this helps
          Francis

Comment

Try Crisis bios flash I had a similar issue with a tosh after reball still the same, updated bios using crisis disk and all was good.

Comment

Working...
            X