Compaq R3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compaq R3000

Hi guy's in need of some help with my compaq R3000 laptop my problem is that the battery was not seen when being charged so got a new one but even giving that it is seen the charge light on front still flash and when looking at the battery from windows it show's up ok but seem's not to charge more then 3% in hope someone can help to sort this fault btw there no bad connection on charger socket

Re: Compaq R3000

Are you using the AC adapter that came with the Laptop? I Know several of the Dell will not charge if you use the wrong AC adapter. They usually present you with a message telling you its the wrong adapter but this can be turned off.

Ken

Comment

BIOS's sometimes have a routine to recalibrate the battery.
      Also laptop batteries will die with time even if unused.
      If the 'new' one you got was old it might be shot even if never used.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

i don't think it the charger as it run's laptop fine but won't seem to charge the battery as it only show's a flashing charge light on the front which i expect it to stay on plus in window's it only total battery remaining show's 3% & 2% charged not getting to 100% i don't see any think in bios that relate's to battery

Comment

Working...
        X