Acer aspire 5920 blink led light on Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer aspire 5920 blink led light on Charger

I got this laptop, is complete dead, no react on power button, no react on another 100% OK battery and 100% OK power supply.

When I plug power connector on power supply start blinked green light, any Idea what can be problem ?

Thankyou.

Re: Acer aspire 5920 blink led light on Charger

Is your item under warranty? If yes then please do not mess with anything send it in for repair.

If not you can try the following things...

Try this unplug the unit then remove the battery hold the power button down for 30 seconds then just plug the unit in without the battery and hit the power button. If this does not work remove the power once again remove Ram Door Remove sticks of ram and put the top stick on the bottom and the bottom on the top. If this does not work then try to replace the CR2302 small silver battery on the motherboard but I will warn you this can be a rather tedious task not for the faint of heart. Next you could try to purchase and install a new processor and if this does not work then your motherboard may need replacement or repair. You could try disabling things 1 at a time or unplugging anything usb related that may cause a conflict also remove anything from internal and external card slots or ports one at a time to see if there is something faulty causing it not to boot.

Try to also plug in an external monitor to make sure you are not getting any picture externally to another monitor.

With the information you have provided there is so much it could be as you could see from this post.
    Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.

Comment

Hi. I try reset board before I come here for advice, but this board is dead, it must be one or few shorted elements on board, but the question is, which ?

but anyway thanks for this message maybe will help someone else.

Comment

a shorted caps on VRM area near the processor.... measure the resitance for shorted components..very common on that model...

Comment

Hi. I measure this 5 caps and some has readings no both sides, measured on board, without desoldering.

Is that bad cap who has reading OHM on both sides ?
          Attached Files

Comment

Check capacitors PC112 and PC118 near the memory slots,,, One of them or both them may be shorted
            or Sometimes PC90 and PC96 is shorted..

Comment

Im found bad spot, there is 3 or 4 burned elements, I think is capacitors, EV@4.7U/25V_8

I remove this elements and nov laptop is on, but is in LOOP restarting, I must find propper caps and replace them, maybe then will work OK I hope, finger crossed

If any idea how fix on other way, go ahed please.

Thankyou.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi. Now I buy another board for this laptop, this is in LOOP stage, but after 5-6 reboot's show picture on external monitor, on primary no nothing.

I susspect 3 things

1 bad bios chip
                2 bad north or south bridge chip
                3 bad MXM II graphic card

Any idea ?

update I can even go on bios settings. Is possible with bios flashing fix this problem ?

Thankyou
                Last edited by primoz1; 06-21-2012, 05:48 AM.

Comment

hi guys!
                  i wanted to say thank you to Tragicom and to this amazing forum!
                  just repaired a aspire 5920g by simply "deleting" PC112. it works! woot woot!

proud member of badcaps.net!

Comment

Hi. I do not understand what you mean for deleting PC112 ?

Comment

hi primoz.
                      i totally destroyed and removed capacitor PC112. maybe this is not the best way to fix things but i think PC118 will do its job.
                      i saw your case and that is a little different. in my 5920 i had not any sign of burned components. have you looked for another mobo?

Comment

Hi. I got luck I got working mboard for 30 euro's, just replace and dump this in to trash

Thank you for info any way.

Comment

Hi guys, have you noticed any other issues with this laptop - i.e. Not powering on but DC power LED illuminates when charger is connected (The ones around the power button on the PCB). I have checked the caps which are mentioned earlier but all appear fine and no shorts occuring. I've checked the 5v and 3.3v lines and they appear to be working also. Power button switch has a 3.3v supply which appears to drag HIGH when button is press anything else to check ? As boards appear to be cheap and probably not worth repairing.

Comment

I got cheap board but I got luck, If you know read schematics here is two.

First check if Processor seat OK. re-seat proc
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have the same problem but was made a mistake and tested with universal charger and then the PU9 burnout.
                              I have change it (PU9) with new and also have remove and test the PC112, PC118, PC90, PC74 and PC24.
                              The capacitor have the correct capacitance but can be sorted and have the correct capacitance ?

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14602

Comment

Working...
                                X