Asus Vivobook (X556UJ rev 2.0) No dissplay & missing RAM voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Vivobook (X556UJ rev 2.0) No dissplay & missing RAM voltage

Hello everyone, right now I'm trying to repair or at least diagnose an Asus laptop.

Laptop behaves as follow:
    • When plugging the charger, orange LED turns on (but no battery connected)
    • Pressing the power button turn on white LED indicator but nothing changes
    • Amperage is always around 0.030 Amps
    • Missing RAM DDR3 voltage (1.35V) and also all the ones around the SOC (VCCGT, VCCSA and VCCCORE)
    I noticed that the RAM power driver is not sending the signal to the gates of the mosfets and I'm trying to find out if the IC is working properly or maybe it is not getting some signal to open the gates. Can someone tell me what are the signals that this driver needs? Click image for larger version  Name:	datasheet.png Views:	0 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	3281311 Click image for larger version  Name:	135V.png Views:	0 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	3281312

Originally posted by Allgone View Post
    Hello everyone, right now I'm trying to repair or at least diagnose an Asus laptop.

Laptop behaves as follow:
    • When plugging the charger, orange LED turns on (but no battery connected)
    • Pressing the power button turn on white LED indicator but nothing changes
    • Amperage is always around 0.030 Amps
    • Missing RAM DDR3 voltage (1.35V) and also all the ones around the SOC (VCCGT, VCCSA and VCCCORE)
    I noticed that the RAM power driver is not sending the signal to the gates of the mosfets and I'm trying to find out if the IC is working properly or maybe it is not getting some signal to open the gates. Can someone tell me what are the signals that this driver needs? Click image for larger version Name:	datasheet.png Views:	0 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	3281311 Click image for larger version Name:	135V.png Views:	0 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	3281312
    Hi did you solve it ? Have you replace the ddr3L power regulator UP9002p? I have quite similar old board asus x455ld rev 2.1 non nvidia . VDDQ voltage only 0.9 volt. After replacing the Up1565 from donor board, , 1.45V comes out instead of 1.35V . Board started normally but the regulator gets hot and so is the ram coil .

Comment

Working...
    X