• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

820-01700 No Power, PP3V3_S5 missing.

820-01700 No Power, PP3V3_S5 missing.
    I think the board doesn't turn on.
    I have power on directly on the board in SWK001
    External power supply with digital volt/amp and shows 20V and 0.350A.
    LDO Voltages Ok

I checked this voltage sequence and it stopped at PP3V3_S5
    Attached Files

Comment

With no power to the board -> measure the resistance to ground of PP3V3_S5 (created by U7800, N10). What is the resistance to ground ?

Comment

18.2 K Ohm... measured at R9802 (1)
        Is there an enable for this source on this IC?

Comment

See attached. The enable will be from step # 1. What is the voltage to ground @ #1 stage ?

This is the PMU_ONOFF_L signal.

Review the power button pads to mimic the ON/OFF power button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	power_button_bv.png
Views:	196
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	3284626

Click image for larger version  Name:	power_button_pads.png Views:	0 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	3284624

Click image for larger version  Name:	power_sequence.png Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	3284621
          Last edited by mon2; 06-05-2024, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Measure the outputs of the IC (U7800) and all with high resistance.
            The lowest resistance outputs were B1 8.7 Ohms and L16 47.5 Ohms, which I think is ok

Comment

The board does not turn on
              PP3V3_S5 and PP1V8_S5 missing
              I put the board in the computer and checked that the Power key was working.
              If I keep the power key pressed for about 5s the current goes to 0A on the external source.
              I didn't find a short in these sources.
              I observe strong heating in the U9300 and U 9200 by around 55ºC.
              I don't have much experience with this 820-01700 board, but it's strange

Comment

I will try to turn on the power and simultaneously inject 3V into the output of the U7800 and observe the electrical current

Comment

Could anyone get me the block diagram of the power sequence for this 820-001700 board?
                  There is no such page in my schematic.
                  The board has changed the nature of the problem a little... Now it turns on the initial sources and turns them off.
                  I suppose there is a short in a secondary source S3, S0...
                  With the source connected, it produces 20V and the current varies from 0 A to 0.5 A in approximately 10s
                  By pressing the power button, the fans rotate and the current goes up to 2.5 A and returns to 0 A
                  Last edited by Sergio Kub; 06-21-2024, 07:01 PM.

Comment

What is the voltage to ground of ppbus_g3h?

From Rossmann forum:

Remember that this machine requires 96W charger to boot; if no good battery connected.

Comment

ppbus_g3h 12.65V
                      discharged battery. The power supply I am using is 65W.
                      Q7065 (G) CHGR_BGATE = 12.65V - PPVBAT_G3H_CHGR_R (S) 12.65V - PPVBAT_G3H_CONN = 0V.
                      I will order another new battery to install.

Comment

ppbus_g3h 12.65V
                        Good. T2 is ok and your PPBUS_G3H was boosted using the SMBUS interface with the ISL9239/9240 controller.

A good investment (IMHO) is also a 100W PD capable power adapter (Anker, etc.) + 100W rated PD USB-C cable for 20V @ 5A support. It will be helpful here and in the future.

Comment

Very good, thank you very much for the tips.
                          I have already ordered a 100W PD charger (total 240W), according to the manufacturer.
                          Desktop GaN USB Type C PD Charger, Fast Charging, Mobile USB 3.0, 8 Ports, 240W - Aliexpress

Comment

Please stop buying cheap garbage power supplies from Aliexpress, I really doubt it's gonna provide proper 100W USB-PD (and certainly not 240W across all outputs) and you'll be sure to damage some devices at some point.
                            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Okay, you're right.
                              I'll look for another one of more reliable quality.
                              Thanks

Comment

Hey
                                After the arrival of the PD 100W source, I tested the board again and it worked well... I had already repaired the board, changed a capacitor and was unable to turn it on because my power source was lower than the minimum required (96W), as reported by mon2 .
                                Thank you very much for the tip and support in repairing this complex logic board.
                                PS. The Desktop GaN USB Type C PD Charger is unreliable, but it powered the board without a battery.
                                Thanks to everyone who helped

Comment

Working...
                                X