• Show
Clear All

ACER CONECPT D VERY SLOW

Hi
    acer concept d intel i7 11th GH67G LA-L211P REV 1A 17-03-2021
    the laptop dead by water on keyboard
    i open the laptop i don't find any water on the motherboard or any damage
    the laptop turn on without battery
    i found shorted mosfet on smbus battery i remove it the laptop turn on with a battery but not charging
    the big problem is the laptop is very slow
    cpu works with low speed almost 0.7ghz
    i do clean me bios but samething
    what make laptop works with low profile and very slow the display takes long time.
    Last edited by mo000; 06-10-2024, 04:59 AM.

Sensors use smbus interface. If a sensor cannot be read then the cpu can be throttled.

Measure the voltage to ground of each pin on the battery connector. We are checking if the smbus lines are ok since the battery is also not charging.

Use dc volts scale of 20v or higher (not diode mode scale). Red meter probe to point to test. Black to ground.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Sensors use smbus interface. If a sensor cannot be read then the cpu can be throttled.

Measure the voltage to ground of each pin on the battery connector. We are checking if the smbus lines are ok since the battery is also not charging.

Use dc volts scale of 20v or higher (not diode mode scale). Red meter probe to point to test. Black to ground.
      yes this what i think so
      battery connectors voltages
      pin1---pin3=gnd
      pin5=3.3v
      pin6=3.3v
      pin7=0v
      pin8=0.2v
      pin9=0.2v
      pin10=0.2v

Comment

These look ok and smbus is likely the 3v3 signals. Would you have a link to the schematics?

Comment

These look ok and smbus is likely the 3v3 signals. Would you have a link to the schematics?
          i cant find schematic
          do you have?

Comment

I do not have the schematics. Maybe we can learn from other similar schematics.

Was the unit slow before using another bios? The bios can cause the slow speed as well if it is not correct.

Have you tested with another known good battery?

Comment

I do not have the schematics. Maybe we can learn from other similar schematics.

Was the unit slow before using another bios? The bios can cause the slow speed as well if it is not correct.

Have you tested with another known good battery?
              as know this issue related to corrupted me region
              i clean the original bios but samthing
              i don't understand why the battery and the cmos battery discharged suddenly
              now the laptop not charging the battery .

Comment

Post the request for a good bios in the bios forum on this website. Someone will be able to help. It is possible that the good bios can also fix the charger fault. Continue to post your updates.

Comment

Post the request for a good bios in the bios forum on this website. Someone will be able to help. It is possible that the good bios can also fix the charger fault. Continue to post your updates.
                  YES I POSTE
                  if i plug the battery the power and charging led blinking no display
                  laptop power on and display without a battery
                  i dont have another battery for test
                  the bios not responding to any key this is weird .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Test with an external usb keyboard and usb mouse. Do they work in your bios?

Comment

Test with an external usb keyboard and usb mouse. Do they work in your bios?
                      no
                      even i see the cpu and gpu temp numbers are rising which is means that the bios is not freez but not responding to any function keys .

Comment

i use another bios but same result

Comment

When you test with an external mouse -> do you see the red mouse LED turn ON? This will confirm that VBUS of the USB port is present. Test with each USB port.

Comment

Working...
                          X