Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Omen 17-an011tx - no power

Hi.
    HP Omen laptop with no power or lights on.
    On the following picture you have voltages and resistances to ground on the coils.
    Could not find schematic or boardview and have no idea if that 0.5 ohms coil is from the PCH close to it, cause there are other two coils.
    Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png?ex=66887432&is=668722b2&hm=d73073e8abad3269b1367c6ffa9b677a351752ec030a06af89366f5911033aab&.png Views:	0 Size:	8.25 MB ID:	3302608

EDIT: That's odd. Now I connected the power button just to check how much voltage was going to it. Didn't do anything different. And on a next reading now I have 5V on the coil with 4.4k ohms. And the coil with 0 ohms, that was oscilating between 2.9V and 3.1V, now shows around 3.1V and keeps going down. If I remove power and connect again, same thing. Going down from 3.1V.
    Last edited by BMCappelletti; 07-04-2024, 08:10 PM.

The coil with 0.5 Ohms reading is very likely the PCH power coil(1.05V). Check the controller markings and datsheet for confirmation. If its so, PCH is shorted for sure. These PCH's are quite expensive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      The coil with 0.5 Ohms reading is very likely the PCH power coil(1.05V). Check the controller markings and datsheet for confirmation. If its so, PCH is shorted for sure. These PCH's are quite expensive as well.
      It says T130 5335. Could not find anything on it. But yeah, seems to be a donor.
      Thanx!

Comment

It could also be about RAM voltage. As for the pch, it measures the resistance of the components above it. Also I read a coil with o ohm but with a voltage, is it an error? The only coils with a low ohm value are the GPU and CPU voltage line. Check if there is 3.2 V on the battery connector and on the ec. I assume that you have already attempted to reprogram the bios

Comment

if you can't find the boardview you have to do a whole search for each IC to understand the most important points of the circuit

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
            It could also be about RAM voltage. As for the pch, it measures the resistance of the components above it. Also I read a coil with o ohm but with a voltage, is it an error? The only coils with a low ohm value are the GPU and CPU voltage line. Check if there is 3.2 V on the battery connector and on the ec. I assume that you have already attempted to reprogram the bios
            Is there any reason to reprogram the BIOS if the board is not generating 3.3V, and the BIOS chip is not receiving it?
            The coil with voltage and no ohms starts with 3V as soon as I connect power, and it starts going down.

Comment

Its a G5335 Pwm controller.
              https://semiconductors.es/semiconductors.php?id=1260784

Comment

It makes total sense, as it seems to provide 5V and the coil under it [sometimes] shows 5V. But is there any chance that's my issue, instead of the PCH?

Comment

I've never seen a circuit where G5335 is used for 5V output. Its usually used for 0.8V-1.2V output. So very likely this ic is used here for 1V PCH power only.

Comment

I've never seen a circuit where G5335 is used for 5V output. Its usually used for 0.8V-1.2V output. So very likely this ic is used here for 1V PCH power only.
                    Ok. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X