Logic Board 820-00840-A Missing EDP_BKLT_EN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logic Board 820-00840-A Missing EDP_BKLT_EN

Hi dear friends., I am working on a Apple MacBook Pro A1708 , Logic Board 820-00840-A that has no backlight. The logic board powers on fine, but no display. After Checking on the backlight driver chip, I found that the EDP_BKL_EN is missing. And this Power Enable comes from the PCH. So does this means this Logic board cannot be repaired & brought back to life again? The resistance from GRD to the test point of EDP_BKL_EN is around is 0.66M ohms. R8442 (0ohms) is ok. Any suggestion/Tip if any would really appreciate.

Remove Q9908 and U8400 and chk resistance before giving up.Give it a try
    Good luck

Comment

Is the display known to be good? they have a common problem with the flexible backlight cable

Comment

I have a lot of T resistance boards (LCD logic board) & even slightly broken screen for this model. & I even used a Known good LCD, still the same, no difference, thanks PITERPENY

Comment

is there an image? since the backlight will not turn on if there is no image! Have you checked the J8500 lines?EDP_INT_AUX_N and EDP_INT_AUX_P ok?

Comment

I get the image dear... I have a bare bone screen & I use a powerful LED torch to get a backlight. I see the Apple logo & the then folder clearly. & what is this for "EDP_INT_AUX_N and EDP_INT_AUX_P ok?"

Comment

Connect via HDMI to external monitor, check internal display is detected and you can vary brightness up and down. Try a PRAM reset, also check I2C lines are pulled up to 5V.

Comment

Working...
              X