LCD display for Asus X550LC rev. 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD display for Asus X550LC rev. 2.0

Hello Guys, can you lend me a helping info out here...
    sometime ago i teardown my ASUS X550LC laptop because of not powering up, 19v rail was missing. to make long story short, i was able to repair my board, problem is...i have mixed up my lcd panel to my spare of lcd panels in my table and i am confused which is which. all of them not working including the supposed to be my original lcd for this laptop. i cant test all of my panels because some of them are edp type and my lcd tester on hand is for LVDS Type only. my final solution is to buy a new one for this but dont know what is the exact LCD part number for this model.
    P.S. U4501 chip is not physically present on my board so my guessed is my lcd connection is a 30 pin LVDS. , also tested the board via HDMI external lcd monitor to rule out graphics chip problem.
    can somebody with this kind of board tell me exactly what it is the exact lcd part no. ...Thanks

U4501 converts eDP from the CPU to LVDS for the panel. If it is not present, the panel should be eDP as it'll be connected directly to the CPU's eDP output.
    Connecting a panel with the wrong interface can cause damages.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      U4501 converts eDP from the CPU to LVDS for the panel. If it is not present, the panel should be eDP as it'll be connected directly to the CPU's eDP output.
      Connecting a panel with the wrong interface can cause damages.
      Thanks for the enlightenment. i misunderstood this until you response. so i should be looking for an edp type panel 30 pin from my stack of panels.

Comment

Working...
      X