Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo T480s No power. Heat indicated.

Hello.
    One of the T480s that i have here is dead, i noticed that PU404 and PQ101 are getting very hot.
    I checked the caps around PU404 but no luck.
    Any advice?

Schematics: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...b471#post72970

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Sounds like a short to me, try to measure resistence on Mosfet, mostly the problem is that.

Comment

I indicate no shorts on PQ101. All pin combinations result in many kΩ and ΜΩ measurements.

Comment

Boardview too
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...85#post3319885

Comment

Resistance to GND on PL406?

Comment

I'll be back to the bench on Frinday, i'll take the measurement on PL406 then, meanwhile i forgot to mention that all 4 caps that you see around PU404 are all indicating short in both pins, i desolder them all but the short remained.
            That's a clue i guess?

Comment

Yeah i can check in a couple of hours but yes its a clue, depend where the caps are connect you can check what via it is in the schematic and trace it

Comment

Oh you can check the reference of those caps you removed? i cant see it on the picture

Comment

Originally posted by RandoomStyle View Post
                  Oh you can check the reference of those caps you removed? i cant see it on the picture
                  Sure, check below. Keep in mind that i resolder them, there was nothing wrong with them, the short is elsewhere.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Andreasbest; 08-04-2024, 07:12 AM.

Comment

PL406 resistance to GND = 7Ω

Comment

With that info on the caps i can see you have a short on VSYS15, you can start desoldering one side of PL405, and measure on what terminal de short remains, if the short is on terminal 1 then you have a problem in other side of the board (Maybe you can focus on the part of PQ101), and if remains on terminal 2, then could be the IC PU404

Comment

Working...
                      X