820-01987 20V 0.1AMP - 0.9 AMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

820-01987 20V 0.1AMP - 0.9 AMP

this unit was no power stuck at 5v .. i check PP3V3_G3H shorted line i replace q7680 and short gone.. i have 20v now and 0.1amp - 0.9amp.. what should i check next? still no chime sound no fan spin
    Last edited by alfredposadas09; 08-26-2024, 10:01 PM.

Check the voltage to ground of PPBUS_G3H @ F7000. Check both sides of the fuse. If this voltage is not 12-13v then remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Measure the resistance to ground of F7000 fuse. If there is a low resistance, flux and remove F7000 fuse. Power up again to confirm if the ISL9240 side of the fuse pad (removed fuse) is able to create a stable voltage for PPBUS_G3H.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Check the voltage to ground of PPBUS_G3H @ F7000. Check both sides of the fuse. If this voltage is not 12-13v then remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Measure the resistance to ground of F7000 fuse. If there is a low resistance, flux and remove F7000 fuse. Power up again to confirm if the ISL9240 side of the fuse pad (removed fuse) is able to create a stable voltage for PPBUS_G3H.
      hi sir i measured 12.31v both pads.. what should i check next??

Comment

i have voltage in P3V3G3H_VSW but i dont have voltage on P5VG3S_VSW
        this is the diode reading
        P3V3G3H_VSW=0.3V
        PV5G3S_VSW =0.3V

Comment

The missing rail does not appear to be shorted but confirm it in resistance mode as well. Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Measure the resistance to ground of PV5G3S_VSW.

Confirm that this rail is being enabled by checking the voltage to ground of P5VG3S_EN_DLY.

Also check

P5VG3S_EN @ R7613.
          SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SCL
          SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SDA

Comment

The missing rail does not appear to be shorted but confirm it in resistance mode as well. Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Measure the resistance to ground of PV5G3S_VSW.

Confirm that this rail is being enabled by checking the voltage to ground of P5VG3S_EN_DLY.

Also check

P5VG3S_EN @ R7613.
            SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SCL
            SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SDA
            PV5G3S_VSW =3.7k ohms
            SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SDA=0.890 diode/12k ohms
            SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SCL=0.890 diode/12k ohms

Comment

Originally posted by alfredposadas09 View Post

PV5G3S_VSW =3.7k ohms
              SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SDA=0.890 diode/12k ohms
              SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SCL=0.890 diode/12k ohms
              L8102= 0.043 diode reading/88.2ohms
              I do CPU coil measuring this line i have these values... Based on Flexbv the correct value is 0.124 but I am only getting 0.043. U8110 generated the PP0V95_S0_CPUVCCIO_REG_R and its vin supply is PP5V_G3S_CPUREG_MISC.. maybe I got a bad CPU? What do you think? do I jump on basics?
              Last edited by alfredposadas09; 08-27-2024, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Need the voltage to ground for the following (not diode mode measurements):

P5VG3S_EN @ R7613.
                SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SCL
                SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SDA

The CPU diode measurement looks low but the resistance to ground is ok. Wait on other comments but post the requested voltage measurements (not diode) of the above.

Comment

P5VG3S_EN @ R7613. = 0v
                  SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SCL = 3.3v
                  SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SDA = 3.3v

i lift L8102 on pad 1 i measure 0.4v diode , on pad2 cpu side i still measure 0.004.. i still dont have 5vg3s_en @r7613 the diode reading in this line is 0.4v...

Comment

is it possible to replace cpu in MacBooks?

Comment

P5VG3S_EN @ R7613.
                      SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SCL
                      SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SDA

The CPU diode measurement looks low but the resistance to ground is ok. Wait on other comments but post the requested voltage measurements (not diode) of the above.
                      hi pl daniels told me the measurement in FLexBV is wrong .. i read 88ohms in cpu so i guess cpu is good

Comment

P5VG3S_EN @ R7613.
                        SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SCL
                        SMBUS_3V3_BATT_SDA

I try to jumper se032 to force the MacBook to dfu mode but it doesn't detect even a glimpse of signs of dfu mode

Comment

Is your DFU setup known good? The USB cable is of quality? We use 100W rated TBT rated cables, to be safe.

What is the voltage to ground of ALL_SYS_PWRGD?

Click image for larger version

Name:	power_sequence.png
Views:	36
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	3343482
                          Last edited by mon2; 09-04-2024, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X