X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro A2159 please help me to identify if this is a flexgate

Hi all,

i have a MacBook Pro 2019 A2159 which shows this screen when you boot it. I tried a SMC and PRAM reset without any changes. Everything in this book looks very clean even the board. The only "strange" thing i saw when it was open ist the fan which didn't spin at any time.
    Any ideas where to search for faults?

• Answer selected by dbuergi at 10-14-2024, 03:52 AM.

Personally, I just use an aftermarket display. For most people this is adequate, or most aren't even aware what TrueTone is or even care about it. For those who want 100% colour reproduction of a Retina display, I send them to Apple. For a model like A2179, most will not shell out the AUD $800 or more and will settle on an aftermarket display. Hip pocket usually is the bottom line for most.

And not one user is even aware that the gap underneath is susceptible to dust/grit contamination that damages those flexes. So education is key if you do replace unless you want them back again in a month or two. And if you want to take a MAC to the beach? Then take a A1466!

Comment

Flexgate usually will have vertical lines but have a second opinion too.

Comment

Today i had time to open the MacBook and take a closer look. What is your opinion in this Case? Rework the wires or cut the cable and solder a new part onto it?

Comment

Where you see the sharp bends; indentation in the flat cable is most likely a break in the conductor of this cable.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
            Where you see the sharp bends; indentation in the flat cable is most likely a break in the conductor of this cable.
            What would be your choice for a repair in this case?

Comment

Review the YT videos for lcd only replacement. Varying with the design of the MacBook, you may be able to replace only these defective cables but you will need to carefully carve apart the lcd display assembly. No direct experience with this model but the YT videos should help. Search first for lcd replacement cables on AliExpress, etc and then the lcd only for this model. The process is involved but not impossible. There are multiple layers that must be dealt with. Watch multiple videos before starting. Keep us posted if you proceed.

Comment

Master Liu has a very good video but removing all layers is a pain. I would say i need 5-6 hours and also have a very high chance of breaking something.
                Also most sources recommend to take a used screen because of missing calibration of new screens. But i'm Not sure If this also is the case for 2019 models.

Comment

Personally, I just use an aftermarket display. For most people this is adequate, or most aren't even aware what TrueTone is or even care about it. For those who want 100% colour reproduction of a Retina display, I send them to Apple. For a model like A2179, most will not shell out the AUD $800 or more and will settle on an aftermarket display. Hip pocket usually is the bottom line for most.

And not one user is even aware that the gap underneath is susceptible to dust/grit contamination that damages those flexes. So education is key if you do replace unless you want them back again in a month or two. And if you want to take a MAC to the beach? Then take a A1466!

Comment

I have exactly the same problem right now! It's very easy to fix! Even too easy! As a rule, it's just one line on the cable! The hardest thing is to remove the logo board for convenience (this is also quite simple)! If I had a trinicular microscope, I would have shot a video, but I have a regular binocular microscope!

Comment

Working...
                    X