Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire 5750G screen change went to burning smell

So im in the Twilight Zone here.
    Laptop with a cracked screen. Friend said he had no idea what happened with it or why it cracked. I fired up the laptop from battery and ofc everything was in zig zag. The original screen was a B156XW02 and changed it with a LP156WH4. And now the fun part begun.
    The laptop refused to start up and had to use the charger, the screen seemed fine, went into Windows 7 but my friend here told me that the laptop is capable to run with battery only so I checked if everything is well conected with the screen, removed the battery and put it back. It fired up okay without charger so I wanted to screw back the frame but when I was pushing below the Acer logo the frame to fix it in, the screen went WHITE and a burning smell could be felt in the air. I immediatley removed the battery and now im checking what's wrong.

First I tought I screwed up the led panel but there everyhing is okay, nothing burned. Tried the laptop without led screen, only on external vga but the burning effect came back so I shut it down. In the end I localized the smell coming from the cooler region.

Now, im opening the laptop to check what's wrong with it but is it possible that I messed up by pushing down the frame on the Acer logo or the new screen might not be compatible with the laptop and caused the burning to take place? Also we have the question why was the screen cracked.

Re: Acer Aspire 5750G screen change went to burning smell

white screen comes when the cable its not place proper
    let me give you a ex if take the connector half out it will be white.
    so something went wrong with that connector and burn something inside.
    open it and take some pictures. maybe you or somebody will trace it down.

no no no the only thing bad could happen but it will not burn its when you plug a hd ready or full hd screen.

if you connect a full hd on a hd connector you will see the screen fuzzy cuz it will not support the Hz and the resolution.

again open the notebook
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Well, working hour was over so I'm gonna continue monday. Anyway, the led seemed fine, visual check gave nothing and it's own board with circuits seemed okay.

Comment

check fets/ near lvds connector on mobo

Comment

Some fets and smd's burned but I really dont know why. I changed a lot of screens in the past years and never anything alike happened. One thing is for sure, ill never ever press down the frame while the laptop is running. Changed the faulty pieces and now everything is working.

Comment

I came across the similar issue once but it was the pinched LVDS cable between the frame caused the short circuit.

Comment

Working...
            X