Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS K72JR try alternative GPU chip

Hello everyone,
    I have a problem with a K72JR asus gpu, but I do not have the correct chip at this time, an ATI 216-0774007 PARK XT 64-bit.
    I'm reading on another forum that a guy have changed 216-0772000 HD5650 madison pro with a park xt 216-0774007, you can do the reverse? I read some note on schematic about other gpu models (m92, m96, m97) but I do not understand what they mean. I indicate the notes with a red circle on the photo, can someone help me check if ther is a possibility to weld another kind of gpu? (I read M96 and M97 but they are not old models as HD4650 HD4870 directx 10.1 instead 11.0 ??? ???)
    thanks
    Attached Files

Re: ASUS K72JR try alternative GPU chip

its another gpu for that board, but there are many other components that must be changed or removed. better use same chip or interchangable for that chip.

do u really have bad chip or just cracked ball under the chip???
    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 12-07-2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

The original chip was destroyed from a bad solder method (someone copy from youtube a heat gun rework method that delaminate the chip, luckily, the motherboard is not delaminated), because this notebook is very cheap (cpu is pentium p6100 .....) to buy a new chip is too expensive, I decide to desolder from an hp with a damaged southbridge the same chip. After a correct preparation , ( I have an honest set of tool, an ersa IR station and a zeiss binocular stereoscope 20x and so on) ,remove humidity, preheat, etc I solder the chip and the system seems to be fine, but after two weeks some artefact is showed on the video. If I remove the heatsink, the video returned ok but if I remount the heatsink, the artefact return again (I think there is a problem with die connect inside the chip but I don't have an x-ray tool to see whats happened) . Now I have no reason to buy a new chip or resolder the chip that show the artefact and I'd want to put an alternative chip to experiment and improve my electronic skill. I read on schematic :
      voltage change for M92-m2-xt 216-0728014 (I have this chip) from 1.0 v to 1.1 v ..... but it not explain well...

Comment

To try M92 that is 216-0728014 correct ?
        I read from schematic:
        STEP 1 "M92 has no DP C/D" and "No DP C/D , can delete filter capacitor"
        in attachment I circle in red the capacitor filter that i must remove
        STEP 2 "DP[A: D]_VDD18 unmount for M92-M2"
        "DP[A: D]_VDD18 (1.8V@130mA DPA_VDD18)"
        "DP[A: D]_VDD18 unmount for M92-M2"
        "+1.1VSG : 1.1V for M92 ; 1.0V for Park"
        Refear to l7009 -> l7012 ? circle in blu
        STEP 3 " DP C/D For Park has no DP D and DP C not used L7001 and
        R7007 unmount or mount ?.
        For M92 has no DP C/D unmount L7001 and R7007."
        In this case here is an error, l7001 isn't in schematic .....
        I don't understand well STEP 3 and if M92-M2 is 216-0728014
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X