X53SV No video fan turn on off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X53SV No video fan turn on off

Hi, I have a asus k53sv with i7 and 2g vram, no schematic available , the system charge the battery and when I press the power button :
    with power adapter:
    power led light, the fan turns alternately but increase the speed with the temp curve, cpu is hot, hm65 is hot, gpu is hot
    after few second then system restart repeatedly
    only with battery:
    power led light, the fan turns alternately, cpu is hot, hm65 is hot, gpu is hot
    but the system remain on
    I reprogrammed the bios chip with a bios that I have used another time with the same type of motherboard with success but in this case nothing changes.
    I think there was a super i/o controller issue, I change it with a new chip, but the situation remain the same.
    I try to reflow the hm65 but nothing changes.
    Any idea to solve or someone have the schematic ?

Re: X53SV No video fan turn on off

why did you only reflow hm65 ; why not reflow the gpu to?
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Because usually ( I think) if ther is a gpu issue the system don't start at all (when is in short circuit) or the display remain blank or the lcd shows artefact.
      I start to determine why the fan turn on off, and I think that the chip that drive this is hm65 between super i/o with pwm, I'm wrong ? with a schematic it's simple using a digital osc. detect the pwm signal
      for you experience you think that a gpu failure can shows this symptom ?

Comment

think of it like the thermal sensor its KUKU and its powering the fan then it goes in protection.

2nd i`ll check for any corrosion on the board because i did one like yours with no power!
        p.s. i used a usb microscope and found it!(it was pure luck)
        Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Working...
        X