Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Palvilion G6-2000 will not turn on

Originally posted by bicalov View Post
    S5_ON = 3v; PHASE2 pin 11 = 3V; PHASE1 pin 20 = 5V after pressing power switch.
    But they stay for a very brief moment and at a 2nd press they stay 0V.
    When you replug the adapter, they show the voltages again for a brief moment.

0V at the PL24/PL25

Resistance to gnd PL24 = 37 ohm and PL25 68 ohm, but the values are raising rapidly
    1 minute later PL24 = 330 ohm and PL25 = 5 kohm. after typing this PL24 raised to 4,5 kohm
    try to flash the EC ROM if not change your KBC= U14

Comment

discovered a damaged piece on RAM socket, it looks like I can fix it.Let's hope so.
      IF this problem is solved

Comment

Thx yr reply.
        The RAM problem is solved.
        The EC Rom I did already, but I don't know if I did it corectly.
        To program the EC rom I have to desolder the chip and program with CH341A.
        The way I did that before is download the bios bin file and open the .bin file in the CH341A and than press program and see that after the programcycle the program comes back with the message that ROM match the buffer.
        Is that the correct way?

The file is attached and the board is also R33 rev F
        Attached Files

Comment

Thx yr reply.
          The RAM problem is solved.
          The EC Rom I did already, but I don't know if I did it corectly.
          To program the EC rom I have to desolder the chip and program with CH341A.
          The way I did that before is download the bios bin file and open the .bin file in the CH341A and than press program and see that after the programcycle the program comes back with the message that ROM match the buffer.
          Is that the correct way?

The file is attached and the board is also R33 rev F
          Ec is programmed the same way as the mains bios, make a backup before you erase and flash it.
          Good luck

Comment

Thx yr reply

I undestand I have to do it again ?

Maybe it's better to use Rev E now instead of Rev F?
            Last edited by bicalov; 07-01-2016, 02:55 AM.

Comment

read your old bios and post here -not ec bios-
              I will give you a working bios

Comment

Originally posted by ridamouh159 View Post
                read your old bios and post here -not ec bios-
                I will give you a working bios
                thx,
                SPI Bios U31
                EC bios E18 as I flashed it for you to look at.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bicalov; 07-01-2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

use a other ic bios and flash it
                  perhaps your ic is damaged ec or main

good chance
                  Attached Files

Comment

I made a new read out from the main chip.
                    I programmed the main chip with the 0183.
                    Can you check them if they are ok now.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Put the Bios and EC rom in place, no change.
                      The 5V and 3V are missing, but when I push the power button they are briefly present on the PL24 and PL25. Short? The power light at the power connector stays on, no flickering.
                      So something is shutting down the system as soon it comes on.
                      Mobo is built out, so no lid switch. Temp control can't be, because nothing gets a chance to get hot.

Somebody have any idea where to look for this problem?
                      Last edited by bicalov; 07-02-2016, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Update: I explain how I find a short and maybe it can help somebody else.

When holding the powerswitch on, the PU8 get's warm, not realy hot, but warm.
                        I desoldered the PU8 and measured the contacts on the mobo and Pin 22 showed a short. This is connected to the 3VPCU line.
                        Not all of the forum people are pro's and have pro equipment.
                        Now I needed a Lab power supply to isolate the short, but I don't have one.
                        That means, find the short the old fashioned way. Walk through the schematics.
                        When you read the schematics with Adobe reader, you can search for components or names by pressing crtl+F. In this case I type 3VPCU and all the 3VPCU connections are shown step by step on all pages where it appear.
                        Now you have to look on every page at the components which are connected to the line and measure them. One by one, it will take some time and patience.
                        In my case the short appeared to be C687 on page 30, connected to the 3VPCU_EC and pin 67 of U14(KBC).
                        So in fact, the short was reasonably easy found. (The third page)

Now I wait for the new PU8 to arrive.

Comment

Good to see you progressed. I was pretty sure the fault wasn't on 3VPCU (since the measurements were good)… Well, my mistake, again. Anyway to find shorts without a power supply you can use some AA alkaline batteries. With two in series you get 3V that you can inject in your 3.3V line. Add an ammeter to monitor the current.
                          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

thx for yr reply. missed your opinion,
                            It is not sure yet the 3VPCU was shorted before or after the PU8 disconnection
                            So we got to say, you didn't make a mistake. The tip for the 2x alkaline is nice, but the old fashioned way was also nice for me. That way I'm leaning more.
                            I'll get back after the PU8 arrives.

Comment

Question:
                              PU8 has been taken off the board.
                              Can I still put power on the board to check, or will this give probems

Comment

somehow, with the PU8 not installed, I get a short on pin11 and pin 20.
                                I detached one side of PL24 and PL25 and the short is gone from the PU8 islands.
                                PC226 gives 13,6 ohm and PC227 gives 0,6 ohm.
                                Do I have to follow the 3V and 5V lines to find the short or can somebody tell me where to look? Would be appreciated.

Comment

Anybody, Please, I need the help

Comment

Question:
                                    please don't try it...

imagine! it look like Ferrari at full speed without schummy, then what happen... you got more and more damaged a lot components on all board

19v from high side mosfet uncontrolled and switching to coil load side

Comment

Originally posted by meritosari View Post
                                      please don't try it...

imagine! it look like Ferrari at full speed without schummy, then what happen... you got more and more damaged a lot components on all board

19v from high side mosfet uncontrolled and switching to coil load side
                                      Thank you for your clear answer.
                                      Since nobody answered , I tried already to see if led lights up(very briefly), so that's why I have a big short now between 3VS5, +1.05V_VTT? And components on 5VS5 line give 13,6 ohm resistance. And after many hours I can't find the problem.
                                      Disconnected PL24 + PL24 and the short appears to be at the output side and not at the PU8 side
                                      Disconnected PL17 and the short there seens to be also on output side and not at PU13 side.

Any idea where to look is welcome. Or is the Ferrari definitely dead and ready for demolition?
                                      Last edited by bicalov; 07-13-2016, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Question:
                                        YOU don't make this and also with PQ51-PQ52-PQ53-PQ54
                                        you don't taken off the board. and put power .......it s dangerous and i have said that .

change PU8

Comment

Originally posted by ridamouh159 View Post
                                          YOU don't make this and also with PQ51-PQ52-PQ53-PQ54
                                          you don't taken off the board. and put power .......it s dangerous and i have said that .

change PU8
                                          Thx for the advice, sorry for the ignorance, I'm but an amateur.

I have to wait till new PU8 arrive to continue or maybe I can try to find the short before that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X