Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haswell + Lynx Point issues

Hi,
    I have a lot of motherboards with 4th generation intel cpu, these cards have all the 3VA missing on ec, bios,power button, etc.
    I spent a lot of time to detect the problem but with no luck, because all seem ok (charger chip, 3v_5v, etc)
    I think there is an issue with lynx point (no chip enabled signal ?), what is your experience with this architecture ?

Re: Haswell + Lynx Point issues

have you determined if its being drawn to ground or not generated at all?
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Re: Haswell + Lynx Point issues

Usually I'll follow Power On Sequence, but its too generally, sometimes need special signal required that hasn't written in schematic. Also how many amps current drawn on PSU sometimes could be help. Where its stopped, according Sx states from ACPI. if signal doesn't appear after replacing KBC chips or bios flash. then I decided the chipset has fault. since have no BGA RS, I can't perform any examination after that.
      It doesn't mean chips 100% has fault , might be lost connection cause dry cold join is most common problems.
      Last edited by meritosari; 11-18-2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X