Samsung S4 mini GT-I9195 completely dead. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung S4 mini GT-I9195 completely dead. Please help

My Samsung S4 mini GT-I9195 turned off on its own and doesn't start anymore. I put it on flight mode last night, and after the alarm clock went off this morning, I think I turned off flight mode and then the phone turned off and now it's dead. The battery was not empty. I also tried with another New Original battery to no avail. Holding down multiple buttons to enter service mode doesn't give me any respond, not even vibrating. But when I plug it into my computer i can see a Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM30).

Is there any way to try to save the data?

How can I know whether it's a hardware problem or firmware corrupt?

Re: Samsung S4 mini GT-I9195 completely dead. Please help

Corrupt bootloader I would say. Doesn't exclude the fact that the NAND may be dead. It happens sometimes on those devices. If you have a full dump (or at least the first few MB) of the NAND you may be able to restore it, ask on XDA developpers for example.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...239907738.html

Comment

I had emmc and RAM reflowed, the phone came back to life and charged, then I removed battery to reassemble the whole thing, but it was dead again.

The tech guy removed emmc IC from the motherboard but several pads lifted. emmc IC looks ok. Is there any way to get the data from emmc IC without installing it on another board?

Sorry, this item is no longer available!

Comment

Most of the pads that get lifted in this case are not connected so it shouldn't be an issue. Check with the eMMC pinout to be sure (it's generic).

You can solder some wires between the eMMC chip and an SD card adapter, then insert the SD card adapter inside an SD card reader. There are tutorials on the web.
          Otherwise you'll need to get an eMMC programmer with costs at least $100.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
            I had emmc and RAM reflowed, the phone came back to life and charged, then I removed battery to reassemble the whole thing, but it was dead again.

The tech guy removed emmc IC from the motherboard but several pads lifted. emmc IC looks ok. Is there any way to get the data from emmc IC without installing it on another board?

There are many sellers of this item. its common problem

Comment

My Samsung S4 mini GT-I9195 turned off on its own and doesn't start anymore. I put it on flight mode last night, and after the alarm clock went off this morning, I think I turned off flight mode and then the phone turned off and now it's dead. The battery was not empty. I also tried with another New Original battery to no avail. Holding down multiple buttons to enter service mode doesn't give me any respond, not even vibrating. But when I plug it into my computer i can see a Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM30).

Is there any way to try to save the data?

How can I know whether it's a hardware problem or firmware corrupt?
              you can get the data back this is a s6 but shows it can be done
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYIFXCglg4

Comment

The data should have been the first thing you backed up when the phone came back to life.
                eMMC data recovery requires dedicated/expensive software to recreate the image into recognisable data.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                  There are many sellers of this item. its common problem
                  What is the cause of the problem? IC unsoldering itself due to vibrations/phone getting dropped/heat? Or emmc suddenly corrupts?

I am asking because I would like to know the chances of cloning the data from the old emmc to a new identical phone without problems.

Originally posted by diif View Post
                  The data should have been the first thing you backed up when the phone came back to life.
                  eMMC data recovery requires dedicated/expensive software to recreate the image into recognisable data.
                  As soon as the phone came back to life I ran into my apartment, downloaded Samsung Smart Switch and other back up software and then tried to power on the phone.

When we tested the phone, he was holding the battery with his hand, because we hadn't reassembled it yet. It couldn't be used for anything other than testing.
                  Last edited by goodpsusearch; 01-10-2018, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X