Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help : Asus X450CC rev 2.3 power sequences

Ahoy hoy
    I got asus x450cc with current status dead with no indicator or sign at all.

cause of death (probably): i trying to replace my broken keyboard and after change it, i tested the keyboard (result is ok) with case still open and just some screw on mboard to hold intact. all is still good at this moment. after that i put all back in place and voila no power at all.

so i buy the motherboard and swap the dead motherboard . i do the same procedure again before put it all together, and its happened again

Things that i've done :
    open the board, check the 19v. its present on the board . i have boardview program and diagram of this laptop and search related problem on youtube. so far in my first teory is the laptop didnt switch on because it didnt get +5v and +3v. and where to locate and check it, i still looking for it.
    if anyone of you guys can help me, please elaborate with me, thanks for coming by..

Regards
    Gerry

Re: Help : Asus X450CC rev 2.3 power sequences

first you have to find a symptom to locate the damage on the mainboard. the symptom can be a burning smell or a burned component or a bad screw.
    Last edited by caspian; 01-15-2018, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Hi caspian, thanks for tips. as far as i see, "unfortunetly" no sign of that damage..like leaked/fat caps , black smoked stain, or weird smell caused by burned parts.

Comment

oh i forgot to tell, when i use digital power supply to check the 19v, the ampere indicator remain 000. which mean this maiboard might no short circuit problem

Comment

If you do not find the bad screw or the bad cable that caused the problem, it will happen again when you will assemble the laptop.

Comment

Working...
          X