missing dell 3542 power ic Vin track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing dell 3542 power ic Vin track

hello,I have dell 3542 missing Vin track inside power ic so can't get 3 and 5v supply on board....can we remove that ic with jumper to make that board working...????

Re: missing dell 3542 power ic Vin track

a photo of the IC would help.

Comment

bro actually motherboard track on power ic Vin is missing...I don't have photo(since I haven't take photo and not on shop now) but i can't give Vin on power ic with jumper so want 3v and 5v with jumper....does it possible ..???

Comment

yes, it is possible to make such a jumper. it will generate 3.3v/5v only if the circuit is not faulty. Since the trace got broken, the controller IC may be probably faulty.

Comment

motherboard track is missing so hard to jumper on ic so I want to make it run without that power ic...and asking is there any way to do that...????

Comment

sorry for mistype on thread missing vin of ic actually Vin on motherboard is misssing so want to get job done with jumper in place of ics

Comment

there is no way to bypass the 3.3v/5v IC on a laptop mainboard. you have to fix it.

Comment

thanks bro...

Comment

Originally posted by badal5130 View Post
                  sorry for mistype on thread missing vin of ic actually Vin on motherboard is misssing so want to get job done with jumper in place of ics
                  Jumping Vin from another source to the 3.3v/5v IC is really risky and can probably lead to damage to the mainboard.

Comment

actually I want to create 3.3v and 5v without using that power ic and make system run

Comment

Originally posted by badal5130 View Post
                      actually I want to create 3.3v and 5v without using that power ic and make system run
                      R u joking?? Read basics in laptop repair first

Comment

No VIN in charging IC? Are you saying no reading on PU4404 pin No. 20?

If yes then check PU4201 & PU4402 Mosfet. First check shorting with ground and later measure voltage on all those pins and let us know.
                        Always ask with clear and more information that we can understand.

Comment

Working...
                        X