Macbook pro a1286 no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook pro a1286 no power

I need help on this macbook pro A1286 board id: 820-2915-B. The problem is when i plugged in the charger green light is present but pressing power button nothing happens, i check measurements 16v is present and on the bios chip PIN8 has 3.3v but when i press power button nothing happens. anyone can help me on this?

Re: Macbook pro a1286 no power

Disconnect the battery and the keyboard then plug Magsafe in. It should turn on by itself and the fan should start spinning.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

@piernov thanks for the response i already tried removing the battery and plugging the charger but not turning on. what next should i check please

Comment

When you say "not turning on" you mean green light is present but fan is not spinning right?
        First make sure you use an Apple original 85W Magsafe1.
        Then you go down the list of power rail and mesure voltage on each one to find which ones are present and which ones are missing.

Comment

I am using original magsafe 60w, yes the green light is present when i plugged the charger and also on the bios chip pin8 there is 3.3v and on the keyboard connector there is 3.3v. but when i pressed the power button nothing happens fan is not spinning and even if i unplugged the battery and plugged in the charger.

Comment

Check all the tension on the bios, yesterday I repaired the same model with a similar problem, solved with reprogramming biographies. My situation before reprogramming the bios: light green magsafe -> orange with battery connected
            3.3V on the power button (pin 5 on the keyboard connector)
            3.3 volt failure on a bios pin
            After reprogramming the bios, it starts up and show, but unfortunately the GPU needs reflow or replacement

Comment

ok thank you jasko jacker do you have a working bios on this model please.i will try to reprogram bios

Comment

A 2011 MBP 15" will *not* turn on with 60W and no battery. You need a 85W Magsafe.

And yes, this will have a dead GPU that needs to be replaced, but good new replacement chips are extremely hard to get (or not available at all).
                Last edited by piernov; 04-15-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

@piernov do u mean before i try reprograming bios i will try first 85watts charger?i dont think this is a vga issue because it cannot turn on

Comment

Originally posted by Mulong2019 View Post
                    ok thank you jasko jacker do you have a working bios on this model please.i will try to reprogram bios
                    Post motherboard complete model

Comment

He posted the model, 820-2915.
                      But yes obviously try with an Apple 85W Magsafe1. It doesn't make sense to mess with the board when the issue may be the AC adapter or the battery.

Comment

@piernov after i waited for new magsafe 85watts i ordered came delivery today, you are right macbook turns on and boots up, but i have another problem touchpad and keyboard is not working

Comment

Working...
                        X