Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple 820-2179-C - have G3HOT, 3V, 5V, but no fanspin, no charger light

Hello,
    have this Apple 820-2179-C board that have G3HOT, 3V, 5V, but no fanspin, no charger light

have SMC_RESET_L, SMC_ADAPTER_PRESENT

try to short to ground PM_PWRBTN_L, but nothing

why no fanspin and no charger light?

Re: Apple 820-2179-C - have G3HOT, 3V, 5V, but no fanspin, no charger light

hahahha

it is so funny that i mistakenly found something. i want to measure resitance on Q4830 between pins 2 and 3/SMC_ONOFF_H - GND/ to measure if it is switched, but i mistakenly measure pins on Q6940/PP18V5_G3H - PP18V5_DCIN_ONEWIRE/ and the board come back to life with fanspin and green light on charger. and so i measure that im missing PP18V5_DCIN_ONEWIRE
    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 04-26-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

here are my measurements.

Q6940 is P channel so i think 12.55V is low enough to switch it on. but it wont switch and when i jump jump it with tweezers, i have fanspin and green light on charger so i think it is bad.

two boards, same symptoms

do u agree?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ktmmotocross; 04-26-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Hum yeah that's a bit strange that the MOSFET doesn't switch on. But if you don't have a short to ground on its drain and jumping it works then yes, it may be bad.
        -6V between gate and source is usually a good enough voltage to make it switch.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

i jump it and it look like is good. board respond to power button and charging, but still no video or chime. the other board looks fully working. custommer have only one macbook, so the other board i think will be not repaired.

Do u think it will be some problems if i leave it just jumped?

Comment

damn i forgot that the othe board wil not be repaired, so i take component from it

Comment

Working...
            X