Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP elitebook Folio 1040 G2

Background history:-
    Got the above mentioned laptop in as it was claimed it was not charging. Run a couple of checks. When in windows battery app stated no battery connected.
    Charge light by the DC socket did not illuminate. When tested with a meter on the battery connector, with the DC in shows 12.684v to the battery. In the green wire 3.344v and on the yellow 3.366v.
    Disconnect the DC and battery showed no voltage at all.
    So, new battery sourced put in and LED by DC skt illuminated and windows reports battery there and charging. Sent laptop away with the customer.
    Next day, he calls me saying the battery is not charging.
    Gets it back in, plug in the adapter and it starts to charge. Power on into Windows. Unplug the adapter when the battery is at 10% and laptop powers off. Connect the charger, boot to windows, battery meter shows charging.... 1hr 40 mins odd to full charge. Left it on the side for a couple of hours, went to 100% charge, disconnect the adapter, laptop powers straight off. When the adapter is reconnected says battery is at 2%. I kept an eye on it this time and when it reaches 25% it jumps straight to 100%... so effectivly about 20 mins for it to register full charge. Disconnect the adapter, powers off, reconnect adapter battery shows 2% in windows. I suspected the battery again, put in another new battery and the same cycle continues. If I disconnect the battery and measure the voltage direct from it, I get a reading of 11.85v, connected to the board, 11.85v.

So, questions are:-
    Why would the battery charge to 25% and then go immediatly to 100% but not power the laptop up without the adapter?

Has anyone got any idea on where or what I should be looking to solve this issue? I suspect a diode but I have no schematics to refer to, so a little lost.

Thanks in advance
    Marc

Re: HP elitebook Folio 1040 G2

Garbage battery and garbage battery. Market is filled with garbage.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: HP elitebook Folio 1040 G2

100% fact. Suffered many times 'coz of these batteries wasting valauable time.

Comment

Working...
      X