Samsung Galaxy Book NP750XED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Galaxy Book NP750XED

Hi, need bios for Samsung Galaxy Book NP750XED-KC4ES.

This board mounts a intel alder lake, and seems that the bios is corrupted.

I tried two versions of flash image tool 16, and shows some errors and can't open it.

This are the errors:

Command Line: X:\MEA\FIT 16.0.15.1531\fit.exe

INFO : Start decompose 'X:/MEA/samsung.bin' image.
    INFO : MFIT version used to build the image: 16.0.15.1554
    INFO : Generate layout dictionary <xpath, container wrapper>
    INFO : Layout dictionary generated successfully
    ERROR : Decompose 'X:/MEA/samsung.bin' image failed.
    Details: Unknown container path: IfwiRoot/CseRegion/DATA_PARTITION/FITC/MngHwStatusEfsNvar

Command Line: X:\MEA\FIT 16.0.15.1662\fit.exe

INFO : Start decompose 'X:/MEA/samsung.bin' image.
    INFO : MFIT version used to build the image: 16.0.15.1554
    INFO : Generate layout dictionary <xpath, container wrapper>
    INFO : Layout dictionary generated successfully
    ERROR : Decompose 'X:/MEA/samsung.bin' image failed.
    Details: Data bucket: 'BaseDataBucket'. Error: 'Failed to set RegionOrder to b'53241'. Reason: Wrong group value was set: 53241. Value has too few IDs values or duplicate IDs were set'

Serial number: KS2B99YT50011KE

Attached Files

Originally posted by Francisco.s View Post
    Hi, need bios for Samsung Galaxy Book NP750XED-KC4ES.

This board mounts a intel alder lake, and seems that the bios is corrupted.

I tried two versions of flash image tool 16, and shows some errors and can't open it.

Serial number: KS2B99YT50011KE
    You have to use the same version of MFIT as bios was built, in your case 16.0.15.1554. You have attached bios cleaned and right version of MFIT.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.badcaps.net/donate/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thans volinakis, I will test and post results.

Comment

Bad news from this Samsung, same problem, it reacts to power button but there is no cpu vcore and no voltage for ram.

Have no enable signal in pins 10/11 for dram pwm chip (TPS51486RJER)

First time it recives power with the modified bios, (image.rar) could see some pulses at pin 1 of flash chip. (seems that kbc reads its firmware from bios at that moment)

Could be that bios region is the one that is corrupted, but can't get a good bios from Samsung or internet.

I will update when there is some news with it.

Comment

Could be that bios region is the one that is corrupted, but can't get a good bios from Samsung or internet.
          You can get a bios region.Yours is P08CFG ,the latest is P14CFG

Finding Bios Update Packages
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...96#post1832296
          6.1.11. Samsung

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	3292457
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

There are some older bios updates that you can get from the microsoft update catalog. To do this,look for a string of hex in the bios above C.a.p.s.u.l.e.L.o.n.g.M.o.d.e.B.u.f.f.e.r (search for capsulelongmodebuffer in ASCII)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	3292498

Select16 bytes after ÁþÄM 82 43 26 D6 7A 3B FB 51 B8 46 F2 48 46 CB 72 3B .Those bytes are a UEFI GUID,and they need converting to a standard GUID

https://toolslick.com/conversion/data/guid

convert 82 43 26 D6 7A 3B FB 51 B8 46 F2 48 46 CB 72 3B

to a standard GUID D6264382-3B7A-51FB-B846-F24846CB723B .You can find this converted GUID in the bios using UEFITool.

Now you have the GUID go to https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com and enter the GUID in the search box

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...6-F24846CB723B

Download the CAB file from any of the updates ,extract with 7-zip or winRAR.

Check the GUID in the inf file to make sure it has the same hardware ID . https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...ardware-id%60s

Edit: Remove the AMI PFAT CAP header from P**CFG040.CAP using AMI_PFAT_Extract.exe then edit P**CFG040.CAP -- 1_00 -- AMI_PFAT_1_DATA_ALL.bin to the right size.
            Attached Files
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks SMDFlea, seems not an easy job, but will tray and let you know.

Comment

Thanks SMDFlea, seems not an easy job, but will tray and let you know.
                it's quite easy, replace ABG with CFG from 1st links.txt of SMDFlea's guide, you'll get "ITEM_20240227_22345_WIN_P14CFG.exe" and in 2nd link paste this after "BIOSUpdateItem" and download bios file will start. Thou, i got an error trying to extract with "find_gz125.exe", bios.fd can't be extracted. Here's the bios update.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post

it's quite easy, replace ABG with CFG from 1st links.txt of SMDFlea's guide, you'll get "ITEM_20240227_22345_WIN_P14CFG.exe" and in 2nd link paste this after "BIOSUpdateItem" and download bios file will start. Thou, i got an error trying to extract with "find_gz125.exe", bios.fd can't be extracted. Here's the bios update.
                  I`ve had errors before using drag n drop, since then i use Open instead.This one still had an error message but it did extract everything ok.

Comment

Hi volinakis, thanks for your help.

I have just downloaded the same file from Samsung just in case yours were corrupted, and have the same content and same problem when open it with find_gz.21.

Seems this file is corrupted or have some anti-unpacking technique.

Here is the error it shows:

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	259
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	3292797

Is it the same error it shows for you?

I hope somebody have a trick to overcome this.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

I`ve had errors before using drag n drop, since then i use Open instead.This one still had an error message but it did extract everything ok.
                      yep, "error writing to file P14CFG040.CAP

Comment

Hi volinakis, thanks for your help.

I have just downloaded the same file from Samsung just in case yours were corrupted, and have the same content and same problem when open it with find_gz.21.

Seems this file is corrupted or have some anti-unpacking technique.

Here is the error it shows:

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	259
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	3292797

Is it the same error it shows for you?

I hope somebody have a trick to overcome this.
                        nope, try to open file instead drag&drop.

Comment

nope, try to open file instead drag&drop.
                          It's not my case, I have open the file via open menu.

I'm using a win-pe system running in a Vmware virtual machine.

Tomorrow I will tray in a real windows 10 machine.

Comment

It's not my case, I have open the file via open menu.
                            I'm using a win-pe system running in a Vmware virtual machine.
                            Tomorrow I will tray in a real windows 10 machine.
                            I`m using win 7. Try running find_gz in compatibility mode. If it doesn`t work you can get the updates from microsoft instead. Here`s your bios with the new bios region + DMI.The ME has not been cleaned

DMI 5A0094 - 5A203F (Length 1FAC)
                            Attached Files

Comment

I`m using win 7. Try running find_gz in compatibility mode. If it doesn`t work you can get the updates from microsoft instead. Here`s your bios with the new bios region + DMI.The ME has not been cleaned

Hi SMDFlea, I have tested in windows 7 but doen't work for mi, even in compatibility mode and 640&480.

I have got it running the ITEM_20240227_22345_WIN_P14CFG.exe as is, in win-pe and looking at temp dir. It's a bit tricky because the __Samsung_Update folder is erased in no time.
                              This is what I get:

Name:	__Samsung_Update.png
Views:	236
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	3293160

Comment

I will test your bios and let you know.

Thanks.

Comment

Here`s your bios with the new bios region + DMI.The ME has not been cleaned
                                  I've tested your bios without cleaning the me region, and nothing changes. I'm starting to think that bios is not the problem, but I will clean me region and test it.

I've ordered a new ITE kbc just in case it were damaged.

I hope next week the kbc will be replaced and the laptop working.

Comment

I've tested your bios without cleaning the me region, and nothing changes. I'm starting to think that bios is not the problem, but I will clean me region and test it.

I've ordered a new ITE kbc just in case it were damaged.

I hope next week the kbc will be replaced and the laptop working.
                                    Is the EC chip a IT5571E

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

Is the EC chip a IT5571E
                                      Hi, yes it is a IT5571E 128.

I 'm still waiting for the new chip.

Is there any issue with this chip?

Comment

Hi, a few days ago the IT5571E arrived, and after replaced nothing goes better.

The client doesn't want to wait, so nothing more at this moment.

Thanks to all that helps in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                        X