No announcement yet.

bricked bios on thinkbook 15 g2 itl. Serialnumber: MP1YLMQF. MTM: 20VE0049MH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bricked bios on thinkbook 15 g2 itl. Serialnumber: MP1YLMQF. MTM: 20VE0049MH

Greetings,

I kindly request assistance with the following. My lenovo thinkbook 15 g2 itl has the following symptoms:

- blank screen
    - no post
    - fan running at 100%
    - unable to enter bios
    - on powerup with pinhole method the led's of the power button+esc key+caps key lights up green for a brief moment

I've tried:

- holding power button >30s while unplugged from ac+unplugged battery+unplugged cmos battery
    - above with pin hole method >10s

Was willing to try:

- obtaining bios .bin file from lenovo, finding out only a .exe file is available. So no point trying to flash bios with recovery, If this laptop even has such a hardware function build in. Did it before on a older amd based laptop by inserting a fat formatted usb stick with the bios file named accordingly and holding a combination of keys to start recovery process.
    - read the required guides on this site to find out there are no linux instructions for extracting .exe file content (or I missed it somehow). Will look into it some more.

Unable to try:

- reading eeprom since I have no programmer hardware. The affordable one isn't recommended according to the guide.

Additional info:

Serialnumber: MP1YLMQF. MTM: 20VE0049MH. MO: MPNXB1222034. On the motherboard I've found a sticker that says 8S5B21B33034C1KS12T00LB, PN: 5B21B33034 21-02-27 lenovo. The motherboard has two 8 pin IC's with the following printed on them: winbond 25Q90DVN1G, 24256E S0O065 (or is it S00065?).

Requesting:

Instructions on how to unbrick the ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL which has probably a faulty bios. This is the i7 version (don't know how much ram is soldered onto it) but it would be nice if it works again.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

MJ
    Last edited by Magician1981; 09-21-2024, 11:37 AM.

Originally posted by Magician1981 View Post
    Greetings,

I kindly request assistance with the following. My lenovo thinkbook 15 g2 itl has the following symptoms:
    Where's your dump ?
    Last edited by SMDFlea; Yesterday, 04:08 AM. Reason: edited full quote

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Greetings,

TRY 8MB 16 MB BOTH R FLASH
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

Where's your dump ?
        Unable to try:

- reading eeprom since I have no programmer hardware. The affordable one isn't recommended according to the guide.

Looking on amazon as we speak for a ch341a with clip that is 3.3V capable. It is worth spending 10 euro's for a possible working laptop. Any brands I should stay away from?

Comment

Originally posted by shiyab View Post

TRY 8MB 16 MB BOTH R FLASH
          May I inquire where/how you obtained this bios?

Comment

May I inquire where/how you obtained this bios?
            HIS NEW BIOS

Comment

Working...
            X