HP probook 640 G5

plz clear me no power on problem.
    another bios power on but no display plz clear my file problem
    Attached Files

Re: HP probook 640 G5

Originally posted by kingkong computers View Post
    plz clear me no power on problem.
    another bios power on but no display plz clear my file problem
    Try this file with you 32MB chip and put your 16MB chip back. do that and let me know what will happen.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Re: HP probook 640 G5

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
      Try this file with you 32MB chip and put your 16MB chip back. do that and let me know what will happen.
      same problem no power on 3v 5v avtive

Comment

HP Probook 640 G5 i5 8th gen Touch screen - Bios Corrupt

Good day all, Yesterday i tried to create a dump of my bios so i can try to delete admin password. I noticed after every read i got a corrupt dump. (was trying out a new wson8 test lead adaptor). Now the laptop only has a flashing caps lock and no signs of life. Very possible this new test lead caused the issue.
        How can i go about rebuilding a compatible bios for the laptop?

Comment

Re: HP Probook 640 G5 i5 8th gen Touch screen - Bios Corrupt

Originally posted by Negoti8 View Post
          Good day all, Yesterday i tried to create a dump of my bios so i can try to delete admin password. I noticed after every read i got a corrupt dump. (was trying out a new wson8 test lead adaptor). Now the laptop only has a flashing caps lock and no signs of life. Very possible this new test lead caused the issue.
          How can i go about rebuilding a compatible bios for the laptop?
          If youve got corrupt reads you`ll have corrupt writes.Solder wires to the pads instead or desolder the chip,solder to an adapter board or use one of those adapter boards that has a lid that locks down, and hope it can be read.You might have corrupted the bios data or damaged the chip.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            If youve got corrupt reads you`ll have corrupt writes.Solder wires to the pads instead or desolder the chip,solder to an adapter board or use one of those adapter boards that has a lid that locks down, and hope it can be read.You might have corrupted the bios data or damaged the chip.
            Yes i have ordered a adaptor board and hoping for the best, but with my luck i might as well order a new chip and try to build a bios for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              Thats why i asked for a bios dump so i can start working on a bios rebuild, i just not sure where all the info is stored in the bios. as for mac address thats easy just the other dmi information

Comment

PLEASE BIOS CLEANED FOR HP 640 G5
                SN 5CG0209D3M
                issue no display no old bios

Comment

no original dump bios

Comment

Originally posted by didouche1200 View Post
                  no original dump bios
                  need bord part no

Comment

pn 6050a3028601-mb-a01

Comment

• SMDFlea
                      SMDFlea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thread merged.Please make use of the forum search before posting to find related threads where you can post your request.You do not need to start a new thread every time.
                  Working...
                  X